Best ISP for gaming (reliability and fastest upload)?

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
I'm currently with VM on a 20 meg package. I went with them as they claim to be the mother of all broadband, and the fastes available. Ive noticed just about every ISP limits upload to pathetic speeds. Being a heavy online gamer upload is as important as download for me.

Are there any providers offering more than my current 7xx k speeds. I'd rather have my 20 mg d/l speed cut i half if I can get 2 M/bit upload. Even if there is a way to get VM to up my speed id be happy to stay with them.

I dont get what the big conspiracy is with these limits, sure halving my d/l limit and giving me just 1.3 Meg more upload would decrease traffic for them. Providers really need to look at gaming specific packages IMO.

Anyway, all help and info appreciated.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Is virgin known for being a bit naff? I always get dissconnected whne I'm online, like i get knocked XBL 2 or 3 times a night when playing and get bad ping all the time.

accyuklad

Banned
well they not gunna upload there speed anymore even there 50meg i think thts limited to 1.5meg
i not been disconnected once off o2 and i always get fast speeds for upload and download

but you would after ring o2 or be which ever you want to see what package you can get and max speed for download and upload and they will tell you

Gingerbillc

Novice Member
upload/download is independant from latency which is what is required for gaming. Pipex 512mb bb used to be the best around with pings around 10.

Only ISP which gets near that now is Be*there, who allow you gaming mode (fastpath) providing your connection will take it, basically halving what O2 gets( and they get <30). They both have pro/premium packages that have 2mb upload.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Yeah I understand that latency is a different thing. Its usually average to bad for me with VM. I use XBL alot and most of that is P2P so having the largest upload speed I can would help here too, especially if my xbox is running as the host.

It looks lke Be is going to be the way to go so i'll check it out.

Cheers guys.

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
With O2 16mbps LLU, I get on UK and European servers an average of 35ms, downloads I get about 12mbps on Newsgroups and upload about 1mbps.

A speed test from today...

A capture of my speed on Newsgroups download...

Last edited:

SibTiger33

With O2 16mbps LLU, I get on UK and European servers an average of 35ms, downloads I get about 12mbps on Newsgroups and upload about 1mbps.

A speed test from today...

A capture of my speed on Newsgroups download...

hehe pt1 hehe i wonder what that could be... :)

MGRayd

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom