• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best ISP for Gaming / Downloading - poor availability in my area :(

Leroy

Standard Member
Hi Folks,

Sadly, my girlfriend's house (where I live) is in the middle of nowhere and as such, we can't get any of the fancy internet services (no LLU, no cable etc).

So ignoring things like Be, what are our best ISP options for the bog-standard phone-line ADSL type connection?

We're currently on Virgin :)eek:) who are terrible, traffic shaping / throttling / terrible download allowances & very average ping....

So......what to do? :lease:

Cheers!

Turbo Dragon

Established Member
Id give a huge thumbs up for Plusnet :thumbsup:

Pro package has no throttling and prioritses your traffic (apparently :rolleyes:)

:hiya:

Leroy

Standard Member
Yeah there's definitely no LLU - on the SamKnows page, I got presented with an eyeful of red X's - with the exception of ADSL!

accyuklad

Banned
i ave a look for anyone on there non llu plusnet

not sure on this http://www.opal.co.uk/connect/ could ring or contact them and see what speed they could give and ping

if you go for plusnet get the pro as it seems they in the best awards i fink aswell

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom