Best Instruments for Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Rocksmith' started by !TIMMY!, Feb 8, 2009.

1. !TIMMY!

!TIMMY!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am thinking of getting Rock Band/GH, but I don't know which equipment is best. Also I read that the equipment is cross compatible between games and there are now some 3rd party equipment out.

I am looking for the best:

Guitar
    Drums
    Mic
    Bass

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

2. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Guitar and bass is arguably the Les Paul GH guitar or perhaps the GHWT guitar. I prefer the LP but many will say they like the new guitar more, its just preference. Personally I hate the RB strat but again its just my opinion as others do like it.

Drums are the ION drum rocker kit by a country mile, probably only bettered by a proper edrum kit. They're not cheap but are definately worth the money. The only factor to consider is it does mean playing GHWT with one less lane of notes but that small disadvantage is outweighed by the fact they'll play better and last longer. Also they're perfect for RB which is my favourite game between the two series.

Microphone is probably the Lips wireless ones I;d guess but I don't have them. Failing that either the RB or GH microphone would be fine, you really will not get a performance improvement I believe (unless one of the vocal experts in these games tells me otherwise of course).

Also a mod might be best moving this into the GH or RB sub forum in case others don't frequent this area often.

3. !TIMMY!

!TIMMY!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers for the reply, the Ion Drum kit is a bit expensive, the mrs wont allow that. I might wait until the RB2 instruments come out, but I do have Lips already, so might get the LP and the RB2 drums.

4. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Sounds a good move to me :)

5. Chrispyphillips

Chrispyphillips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Finally, Chrispyphillips HAS COME BACK, To Swansss
    Ratings:
    +227
    Moved to Rock Band thread (with redirect) as more people likely to answer here (even though its a question thats been asked and answered countless times, so maybe peoples patience is running a little thin with the help! Top marks to shagaboopon for taking the time to answer! Someone deserves some 'thanks'!)

Theres FAQ's galore to look at, and you may wanna check the Guitar Hero threads for info. But I dont find there are too many fan boys, so people will give impartial views on the RB forums. Most people recognise the kit for GH is superior, even though the Guitar Hero games are by far the inferior of the music game genres!

6. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +463
    The Lips mics don't work with RB at the moment and probably won't for a while yet

7. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    I'm not convinced that the Lips mics will be all the great in Rock Band anyway, especially as they appear to use the same tech as the wireless headset (which is rubbish for singing with). The only advantage they have is that they're wireless, which is a big plus point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The best mic currently available (that actually works!) is the Logitech Vantage, which can be had from Amazon for about £18. It's miles better than the mic in the RB bundle. They don't appear to have the "360 version" in stock at the moment, but you can get the Wii (white) or PS2/PS3 (black) version instead, as all the mics are exactly the same and will work across all 3 consoles.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  8. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thanks for the correction boys.

9. !TIMMY!

!TIMMY!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers for taking the time to answer. Got a much clearer picture and I will wait until the RB2 instruments come out.