best installers

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by hillbillyone, Jul 11, 2018.

1. hillbillyone

hillbillyone
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I posted on here last week about building a new home for my kids and I and wanting to create some form of smart home with media, security etc etc.
    I was not expecting the project to start until December giving me plenty of time to research etc. i now have a chance for it to start in 2 weeks meaning no research time at all.. I'm a technophobe and single parent etc etc Research is off the cards I'm now thinking I just need recommendations for installers. I will look to add to the system as and when i get the money if that's an option. most important to start off with would be media/internet and security. then i suppose heat and light. Am i wrong in this thinking? is this possible is there anything else youd recommend.
    Im lucky in that our last house was wired with cat5 and so had music throughout the house and hard wired internet access. I loved that but had no role in its installation. I'm panicked that i have no time to find out the information for myself. Thank you !

2. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Can you give us some idea of your location? Plenty of custom installers out there, but it helps if we know where you are.

3. hillbillyone

hillbillyone
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry in between Croydon and Gatwick. ... 20mins from both. Thank you

4. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Drop me a PM and I will send you installers details in your area

5. R-CAD

R-CAD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I'm happy to recommend who we used for the Home Automation side of our install, Spider Electrical Ltd.

Home

While they are North London based, I believe they'd cover your area. It's Kosta you would need to speak to.

While I only used them for the Automation side, I'd be happy to use them for the whole electrical, data, security, CCTV installation. (I'm also very happy with who I used for the rest of the my installation, but know that you are outside of the area they cover).