Best Indoor Area

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by mark06, May 1, 2007.

1. mark06

mark06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there, recently got a Samsung 26" HDTV with freeview in. Im looking at buying an indoor aerial for it at the best possible price. I live in East Sussex area, can anyone give me a recommendation of what to buy to get the best possible picture and sound?

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Are you asking about analogue or digital? If you are asking about digital reception, the aerial won't make a scrap of difference to the picture and sound. It'll either be there all the time or it'll be intermittent or non-existent.

To avoid the latter scenario, install an appropriate aerial at an appropriate height outdoors. If that's impossible, you'll have to experiment. Aerial performance indoors is only predictable in its unpredictability!

See "What's the best Indoor aerial?" here:
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/

3. mark06

mark06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the info. Well I guess its digital, because of the freeview. So you recommend for me to use the outdoor aerial as a source for my TV, not an indoor aerial. It will just be fairly challenging to be able to connect my TV to this outdoor aerial, but it is possible. Just thought it would be easier to have one inside such as this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-Ope...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177866515&sr=8-1

4. dan54

dan54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Ive got to disagree with Sam because Ive tried quite a few indoor aerials with my freeview box and without doubt the £10 Telecam non amplified from Argos was the best.However it all depends where you live in relation to the transmitter so dont take my suggestion as definitive.

5. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Aerial performance indoors is only predictable in its unpredictability!

Classic !!!!