Best in wall theatre speakers under £1,500 (2,100 usd) each

Whcih Speakers would you go for given my setup?

• B&W Signature 8NT

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • RBH 6100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

SilentSniper

Hi Guys,

For quite some time now I have been trying to decide what is the best in wall speaker for the 3 fronts in my 5.1 system. My budget for the 3 fronts is £4,500.

The use of the room will be 50% movies, 25% games, 25% music.

The room is about 3500 cubic ft.

I will be using an Onkyo PR-SC885P processor and a Classe CAV-500 power amp (250 watts x5 into 8 ohms). I will also be using a Velodyne DD-12 or SPL 15 Subwoofer.

From my research and I have narrowed it down to two, but other options are certainly welcome.

OPTION 1:

Fronts:
B&W Signature 8NT View the Signature 8NT at Bowers & Wilkins - The World's leading Hi Fi and Home Theatre Brand

- with back boxes. Please note that the back box measures (1500 Height x 345 Width x 86 Depth) and is MUCH bigger than the front of the speakers. At about 5 feet tall, I hope a back box of this size will mean a good amount of mids and lows.

OPTION 2:
RBH Sound 6100 RBH SI-6100 In-wall Speaker

Points to Consider:
- The RBH 6100 seems to handle a lot more power (500 watts vs 200 watts)

- The driver configurations is quite different
- RBH 6100 has 4 x 6.5 inch woofers vs the B&Ws 2x 7 inch woofers and 1x 5 inch woven kevlar midrange.

- The actual sizes fo the enclosures are almost the same

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get a really good discount on the RBH 6100R Please PM me :lease: This has been my preference but unless I can get a good discount, it is out of my budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom