1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best in Class

Discussion in 'TVs' started by villaceltic, Jul 15, 2003.

1. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that there is a large element of personal preference when it comes to these type of things, but for a complete novice......

Is there any accepted class leader(s) for each type of TV/monitor, etc. similar to say WHSV's best budget, midrange, high-end (or would people like to voice an opinion in each category?)

So say wide screen CRT, Rear projector, LCD, Plasma, front projector. It doesn't have to be the definitive list but would be IMO really useful for the likes of myself as a 'starter for ten'

Thanks

Macca

2. Jim100

Jim100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea - I have spent the last 18 months debating whether to buy a widescreen TV - it's now becoming urgent as my trusty Sony Trintron 21" is playing up. Lots of chat about the latest Panasonic PD30 and as I have a Pan VHS and Digibox I wouldn't mind sticking with the brand. I am also keen to know how good these TVs work with analogue signals - so many of you are DVD and games fanatics whereas my viewing is split 50/50 analogue and digital ( my daughter hijacks the digital signal most of the time).

Only just discovered this website - looks like techies delight