Best in-ceiling speakers?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by yrrk, Dec 31, 2015.

1. yrrk

yrrk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when redoing my home I decided to ask for the home to be wired for a 7 speaker in-ceiling system and now i have strategically placed speaker holes with wiring (see photos). I figured it'd be a compromise to the wife vs using my existing floor standing speakers despite my love for them (apparently women hate speakers ;))..

i'm looking for recommendations for speakers to use in this (7.1) application as i have no realistic means to listen to and compare various in-ceiling speakers anywhere that i'm aware of. The prices seem to range wildly and it's not clear what one is really buying at the various price points if you can't hear it. I do have a HSU subwoofer that i figured I could continue to use. I currently have a 5.1 set of Energy reference RC-70, RC-LCR RC-10's that sound terrific with the HSU. I would love it if i could get something along those lines only in my ceiling hidden though I don't know if that's realistic.

Anyways appreciate thoughts/suggestions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    I know you have the holes etc but have you thought about in wall speakers? In ceiling is great for music but I wouldn't recommend it for films and tv, going to sound like cars and people are on your ceiling [emoji4]

PMC in wall sound stunning