1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best import gaming sites

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Buck Swope, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally going to order a Freeloader for me Gamecube and was wondering where do you guys get your import games from?

Ordered a wavebird from VideoGamesPlus but for games there are those darn customs and import charges. Goblindirect's a bit expensive. Apart from those I don't know of many others. Any recommendations?

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Buck Swope,

There is no certainty you will end-up paying C&E charges! Especially, if the seller is being a bit vague about the actual value.

As you know, I ordered my Wavebird from VideoGamesPlus and the pack marked so as to allow a reasonable degree of allowance. A second order from Lik-Sang (Hong Kong) was actually shipped from Germany, which being inside the EU, not liable for taxes. It’ll be interesting to see if further orders from both these continue to follow this pattern. By the way, did you get Freeloader v1.06b or B?

Paul

3. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul.

It seems nothing is totaly certain in this area. I think i'll just have to go for it. VideoGamesPlus for the game and Lik-Sang for the Freeloader as I haven't ordered it yet (thanks for reminding me of the different versions).

Are these the best sites around?

4. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  5. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    I ordered a freeloader from Goblin on 26th (not long a go I know) as it was showing as in stock. My payment was taken via switch. The order is simply showing as 'in progress'. I had a confirmation from worldpay on the payment but on the site the order has not moved. I've had no confirmation mail from goblin. I've sent them a couple but have had no response.

They may have had a good reputation at some time but after searching on here and on the dvd forums then I guess that they may not be as they once were. Oh yeah - and the customer contact tel number is out of order!. Thank God it was only for £7.

Now just have to find a decently priced freeloader for when my Harvest Moon arrives from Canada:rolleyes:

6. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +475
    ordered freeloader (1.06b) from play.com (£12 delivered)
    sent same day (should recieve after this bank holiday)

problems with dvdboxoffice.com - they won't send me an e-mail allowing me to activate my account and proceed with my order. They also don't reply to e-mails (which is worrying seeing as I've given them my credit card details)

I too need us gamecube games so will have to look elsewhere.

7. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    I gave up on Goblin last night and sent them a mail to cancel (not holding out much hope of anything happening) and also ordered the freeloader from Play after posting on here. Shows as being posted this morning.

So, I ordered a US Harvest Moon off ebay from a Canadian seller and freeloader from some monkeys in Norwich both on 26th. Got the game this morning and bugger all response from the East Anglian inbreds:rolleyes: . We live and learn I suppose.

8. old stoneface

old stoneface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've started using www.dvdsoon.com to buy import games for my xbox and gamecube;

Ninja Gaiden £27 Xbox
    TOCA race driver 2 £16 Xbox
    Harvest Moon:A wonderful life £21 Gamecube

I also buy my dvd's from them and i've never been done for C&E charges either.

9. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    www.ng03.co.uk

UK based, and a consistently fantastic service from the owner (museumsteve, who sometimes posts on here)

10. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    tronixweb.com

11. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I used Goblin lots, but recently the site has not been updated or changed for months, so not sure whats happening with this site. I was hoping to use them for pikmin 2 maybe not....

12. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Tronix is by far the best place to go to - great guy and great service - and he's always a little *cough* vague with his declaration of value slips - I've not been charged once by customs and I usually get 2-3 packages a month, every month.

13. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the looks of Tronix is the way to go. Cheers guys this is all much appreciated. The DVD forums are full of good dvd sites but seems a lot harder to find some good gaming sites. Are there not as many good gaming sites? Maybe a sticky with a list of 'em?? Modds???

Oh and I got my Wavebird from VideoGamesPlus today Paul Williams. Marked as gift so i'm happy. No money to buy any games now though:( But if you guys keep with these links should be cheaper in the long run:smashin:

14. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Having had a good look at the above sites the best overall (comparing the list of thing I would buy for price) would be DVDSoon, free shipping as well. Beyond Good and Evil & Metal Arms Glitch in the System, both for about £10 each, as an example.

Paul