Best HS20 Resolution

sneaky

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I have my brand spanking new HS20 running at native resolution and 1:1 pm. The picture is absolutely georgeous. Don't know if it is the WOW factor but in my darkened room it kicks the ass of the Domino 20 that I saw at Sevenoaks(Newcastle).

Has anyone found another resolution that is giving better results than the 1368 *786 @ 56hz.

Just wondering whether running something at 50hz(I only own PAL disks) makes any improvement to PQ.

When I decided to have a go with the HTPC I said that I would not get into tinkering (seems that has gone out of the window) - why does it draw you in like it does.

Gonna try and do battle with DVE later today - that should be fun (not).
Thanks

Chris

vicbarry

Novice Member
Chris, ive used Avia and noticed about a 5% increase on the HS20. I went through the video tests. Bit of a waste as far as im concerned. The hs20 is almost top notch outta the box

sneaky

Standard Member
Cheers Vic,

I wont bother then. I do love it - just watched and watching the rugby on it now and it's great.

Have you found much difference in PQ with different resolutions. What res are you using Vic.

Chris

Chris

E

epgs1

Sneaky, where did you get your HS20 from? I have just got one too. TAke a look at my thread posted today 16/2/04. Does your HS20 have poor top/bottom lines and a green column of pixels left most?
Graham (epgs1)

sneaky

Standard Member
I got it from Robert Whyte.

Yes I do seem to have a column of pixels down the left. You have to be close to see and it doesnt really spoil my fun - havent noticed the bottom lines but I will check it now.

Anyone got powerstrip settings for 1280 * 720 @ 50hz.

Thanks

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom