Best home cinema on-wall solution (separates or sound bar)

kingnothing83

Hi,

After having a 5.1 set up for years I've finally reached the time where the benefit is not out-weighed by the aesthetics. I would really like to reduce the clutter and mount 3 speakers on the wall around the tv which will also be wall mounted. I'll have the wires chased to hide any mess as I'm going for a clean finish.

I'll decide what to do about rears later and will probably keep my B&W PV1 sub but any recommendations for on-wall speakers or possibly a sound bar? The speakers are primarily for home cinema but also for a bit of music.
I'm considering the Dali Rubicon LCRs or Opticon LCRs but they are a little big and imposing. I wonder if it's time to give up on separates and go for something like an Atmos soundbar but that way I would have to ditch my subwoofer which would be a shame.

Any thoughts welcome, budget anything from £1,000-£3,000 all in

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You have a good budget and opens up a few options. You could consider the Monitor Audio Apex or shadow ranges. The Kef T series would also be an option. You could also look at passive soundbars like the Monitor Audio Radius One or ones by Goldenear. You could also look at inwall options if you wanted a very clean look. Anthony Gallo speakers could be worth a look as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom