Best Home AV Products 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards - news discussion

thx odd there is no av receiver under 1k, which is going to be the sweetspot for most.

JBL Bar 9.1 is now £749 in Currys. Have heard mixed reports on it, but AVF seemed to like it.

Great to see the new PSA beast in there.

Imo if you would have taken up the chance to review the PSA S18ipal, it would have taken the high end subwoofer award too :)

I know what I found out this year .... 2.5k worth of amp is nowhere near as good value as a 1k amp. I had a couple of 1k Pioneer amps over the last 20 years, lasted years .... Got the NAD T778 lasted less than 5 months first one was faulty ... Second ones put my sub in the repair shop and has a problem on the NAD no timescale fix list. Not going for a 3rd and I still don't think it's got a better sound than my old pioneer for cinema.... Music yes it is better but cinema is my priority. Major disappointment with the NAD here.

Added update My unit has now been modified at retailer services and the issue i had has been fixed. my sub has also been fixed. I still stand by my value comments but at least the unit is now working as it should.

Last edited:
I know what I found out this year .... 2.5k worth of amp is nowhere near as good value as a 1k amp. I had a couple of 1k Pioneer amps over the last 20 years, lasted years .... Got the NAD T778 lasted less than 5 months first one was faulty ... Second ones put my sub in the repair shop and has a problem on the NAD no timescale fix list. Not going for a 3rd and I still don't think it's got a better sound than my old pioneer for cinema.... Music yes it is better but cinema is my priority. Major dissapiontment with the NAD here.

That’s unusual for NAD, always used to be known for being bulletproof.

That’s unusual for NAD, always used to be known for being bulletproof.
We'll tbh I did hear that prior to getting a NAD so am surprised it's not up to standard.

well my beloved forums concur with me on my choice of av receiver they have reviewed the Marantz 7015, its a shame the new anthems weren't out in time for review to see how they compare

That's an odd list. What else was in the category of best TV upgrade?

C9418446-9AB4-4C2A-AB9D-108AE6F4650B.jpeg

@Steve Withers I can't quibble with any of the items on the list, but releasing a "Best of 2020" list when we are still only halfway through November assumes that nothing of note will come to market in the last six weeks of the year .....

@Steve Withers I can't quibble with any of the items on the list, but releasing a "Best of 2020" list when we are still only halfway through November assumes that nothing of note will come to market in the last six weeks of the year .....
Our awards are always in November Ken. Anything good that gets released afterwards will be considered for next year's awards.

Can I have the Focal Mistral + Paradigm speakers please :)

@ian-500 But then they would be your choice rather than the Editor's choice ....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom