Best Hi-Fi Products of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards - news discussion

How do we know AV Forums is catering for an affluent niche market? The 'affordable' headphones are £299!
I think it's a good line up and it all depends on what an individual thinks is affordable. To many they will be to others it may just be a reality check. I like my headphones, I do most likely 90% of my music listening on them and once you've listened to high quality headphones you'll never go back to 'affordable'.

There again I'm an old fart and I'm spending the kids' inheritance. No pockets in shrouds.;)

How do we know AV Forums is catering for an affluent niche market? The 'affordable' headphones are £299!

You are going to love the Christmas Day review. I mean... it's cheaper than last year's one but that's a fairly low bar.

Hi @Ed Selley I came across your amp super test from a few years ago which you awarded the win to the Audiolab 6000a. I have a demo of the Lumina 2’s in a couple of days and wondered if you think that would be a good pairing. I currently have Cambridge CXA60, the 80 was in the super test and didn’t do particularly well, paired with some Zensor 3’s. I’m moving the Zensor’s and Cambridge to my office, but may offload the Cambridge to a family member. Or do you think the Lumina 2’s deserve better amplification than the 6000a and if so what would you recommend up to £1500. As a long term option would the Lumina 2’s work better with something like the Naim Nait XS3, Cyrus i7-XR, or even the Copland CSA 70 if I was to use the Cambridge as an interim option, or would those be overkill for the Lumina 2’s? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @Ed Selley I came across your amp super test from a few years ago which you awarded the win to the Audiolab 6000a. I have a demo of the Lumina 2’s in a couple of days and wondered if you think that would be a good pairing. I currently have Cambridge CXA60, the 80 was in the super test and didn’t do particularly well, paired with some Zensor 3’s. I’m moving the Zensor’s and Cambridge to my office, but may offload the Cambridge to a family member. Or do you think the Lumina 2’s deserve better amplification than the 6000a and if so what would you recommend up to £1500. As a long term option would the Lumina 2’s work better with something like the Naim Nait XS3, Cyrus i7-XR, or even the Copland CSA 70 if I was to use the Cambridge as an interim option, or would those be overkill for the Lumina 2’s? Thanks.
start a new thread and ask. you will be more likely to get advice from those that know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom