Best Hi-Fi Products of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards

acgingersnaps

Couldn't agree more about the iFi Phono. Great piece of kit, and for well under £200. That would be the case if it was just a MM stage, but to have the capacity for MC as well is just ridiculous.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
I added the iFi phono to my very home cinema orientated system (Pioneer SC LX901 and MK original American speakers) and vinyl now makes my hairs on my arms stand on end again.
I’ve also got the DAC and love that as well using my iPad Air 4 as a source with Apple Music lossless.
And I got them both on the back of the reviews here :thumbsup:

kosch

"Best High-End Hi-Fi Product - dCS Bartok"

Naming products after Klingon ships I like it!

RobMcM

Just an observation: the caption for the photo of the iFi Audio Zen says "iFi Audio ZEN Phono Digital Audio Convertor" - but it's not a DAC, it's only a phono stage, right?

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Thank you very much @Ed Selley, AVForums and all the audio enthusiasts sharing our passion for music, audio and hi-fi. It is a great honor for us to receive this special award. We would like to thank all the people who supported us in this unforgettable 2021 journey! Your feedback both good and bad made us who we are today! We will not rest on our laurels and will keep pushing forward.

Pogg

Thank you very much @Ed Selley, AVForums and all the audio enthusiasts sharing our passion for music, audio and hi-fi. It is a great honor for us to receive this special award. We would like to thank all the people who supported us in this unforgettable 2021 journey! Your feedback both good and bad made us who we are today! We will not rest on our laurels and will keep pushing forward.
I might get it to Bluetooth drive my Focal Clear MG.

Call me Candy

Another Forum member that is delighted with his FocalClear MG cans. Was undecided whether or not to go for the original Focal Clear ( £300 cheaper) but Eds review helped in making me demo the MGs.
There was only going to be one way that was gonna end after hearing them.
I am really happy at the moment with my speakers, but if I do fancy a change I would love to hear the Kudos C10s.
Oh & the Spendor D7 2s...... & the Dali Epicon 2s......
Bugger...😳

andycc72

Another Forum member that is delighted with his FocalClear MG cans. Was undecided whether or not to go for the original Focal Clear ( £300 cheaper) but Eds review helped in making me demo the MGs.
There was only going to be one way that was gonna end after hearing them.
I am really happy at the moment with my speakers, but if I do fancy a change I would love to hear the Kudos C10s.
Oh & the Spendor D7 2s...... & the Dali Epicon 2s......
Bugger...😳
It’s such a money pit😂😂

MattyBB

I have the previous generation of Philips Fidelio and can vouch for them being great headphones. They don't get much profile, considering the value for money they offer.

Call me Candy

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Well, then by all means, I'd recommend to try it out. Feel free to ask me any Gryphon related questions.

Ifi_Lifestyle_251021-111.jpg

fordster

I notice that some of these products have had price rises since Ed reviewed them. I wonder if that would change anything? I suspect not as their competitors have probably also risen in price. For example the Michi X3 is now £4,700 but then SuperNait 3 is also due to rise in price next month by a similar amount. Also, I think the Kudos Cardeas is now £4,000?

Pogg

Well, then by all means, I'd recommend to try it out. Feel free to ask me any Gryphon related questions.

Ifi_Lifestyle_251021-111.jpg
1. As a Bluetooth device for AAC Bluetooth Codec how is the quality vs iFi Go Blu based on 4.4balanced out to Focal Clear MG.
2. How do you check firmware version and update it via a MAC? If I can’t update it - then I don’t want it.
3. Any noticeable latency for watching videos in AAC Codec. I connect to my AppleTV4k which is AAC Codec.

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
1. The output stage on Gryphon is better than Go Blu so should end up sounding better. Volume control is digital in Go Blu and analogue in Gryphon.
2. As of now, we do not have any firmware updates. I can double check that for you with the R&D.
3. It works seamlessly with the other BT connections. We have an older Apple TV (non-BT one). Sadly, we do not have the Apple TV 4K, so it is hard for us to give a verdict.

Pogg

1. The output stage on Gryphon is better than Go Blu so should end up sounding better. Volume control is digital in Go Blu and analogue in Gryphon.
2. As of now, we do not have any firmware updates. I can double check that for you with the R&D.
3. It works seamlessly with the other BT connections. We have an older Apple TV (non-BT one). Sadly, we do not have the Apple TV 4K, so it is hard for us to give a verdict.
Thank you. Excellent. Saving up for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray Special - The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li