Best Hi-Fi Products 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards - news discussion

good report.

I didn't expect an LG Bluetooth speaker costing well over £100 with the fancy lights to win an award.

Im assuming there is an issue with the supply of Mission LX mark 2 speakers as no one seems to have them for sale online.

Interesting and surprised the KEF LS50s ( inc wireless version ) did not feature especially with the recent prices reductions due to the release of the Meta versions.

Interesting and surprised the KEF LS50s ( inc wireless version ) did not feature especially with the recent prices reductions due to the release of the Meta versions.

the top of the article said:
It must be a product that has been reviewed by AVForums in the last 12 months and it must currently be available as part of the official product range from a manufacturer and not discontinued before the end of 2020.

Interesting read. Great to see recognition for the Rega Io: cracking little amp. I presume the value for money factor swung it for the Missions.

Very impressed that between the Rega Io, the Mission speakers and the Pro-Ject turntable you can put together a properly impressive system for well under £1000.

Very impressed that between the Rega Io, the Mission speakers and the Pro-Ject turntable you can put together a properly impressive system for well under £1000.
@Phil Hinton @Ed Selley
Gents - Is there merit in a future article putting together a number of systems at different values such as £1000 - £2000 - £5000 - £10000? Ed's knowledge and experience pairing various products would be invaluable.

I am big fan of mission speakers but I'm pretty sure the LX2 aren't the best you can buy for a grand. They maybe the best value speaker under a grand but if I was looking to spend £1K on a speaker set the LX2's wouldn't even be on the list.

I am big fan of mission speakers but I'm pretty sure the LX2 aren't the best you can buy for a grand. They maybe the best value speaker under a grand but if I was looking to spend £1K on a speaker set the LX2's wouldn't even be on the list.

The category is speakers up to £1,000. In the time frame for 2020, the eligible products were the Mission, the Triangle Borea BR03 and the Acoustic Energy AE500. Is the AE500 objectively better than the Mission? Of course it is. The Mission won because- across testing products here and elsewhere, I feel it genuinely moves the standard of performance on at its price point, not because it is the single best speaker you can buy under £1,000.

I agree the lx 2 aren't the best but are probably one of the best value.

Id be looking at the QX or the ZX range.

Reviews of other speakers such as the QX3, QX5 and ZX1 would be interesting to see.

I've got the QX2's currently and they are really good speakers for £300. Best speaker for me at that price for sure.

ETA Whathifi (yea I know) reviewed one of the ZX range and they weren't impressed which is surprising seeing as they 5 star virtually everything else.

Im assuming there is an issue with the supply of Mission LX mark 2 speakers as no one seems to have them for sale online.

I've been told there are issues with supply throughout product ranges and manufacturers due to a combination of COVID-induced variable staffing levels, and higher than normal demand that has come from people having more time at home than is normal.

Can the Editor of the Arcam SA30 review please check his language setting.
The argument for the defense is compelling though.

Defence is spelt with a c in British English. 👍

I've been told there are issues with supply throughout product ranges and manufacturers due to a combination of COVID-induced variable staffing levels, and higher than normal demand that has come from people having more time at home than is normal.
LX mark 2 now available, or at least listed on RS website.

The problem is its only £10 difference. LX1 mark 2 is listed at £189 and the better QX 1 is £199. The same with lx2 mark 2 and QX2.. too close in price.

I cant imagine people going for the LX mark 2 if the superior QX range are not much more money.

It seems the new LX range arent as good value anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom