Question Best Heaphone Supplier/Test Town(s) in North England/South Scotland

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ageinghippy, Jul 4, 2015.

1. ageinghippy

ageinghippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    After being pretty disappointed with my Sony headphone/wallet bending purchase last year this time I want to try before I buy. After reading around I think I'm look for of open back cans. (90% for music, all types). I'm starting to suffer from slight age related hearing loss and the hearing aids I've tried have been the pits even allegedly programmed for music. So headphones perhaps offer me a way to get some of the detail I've lost back

Anyway I live in West Cumbria and HiFi suppliers are in pretty short supply so be happy to travel to North East or Glasgow/Edinburgh

THanks

Trevor

2. jamescg1972

jamescg1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Trevor,

I live near Blackpool and have never managed to find somewhere close to me to test headphones out. Peter Tyson is based up in Carlisle. He always seems to have a good selection of stuff on his website. Never used him though (thought about it, but it always seems a bit far to bother from here and the last few pairs of headphones I've bought have been second hand from this forum).

Not sure how helpful I've been, but maybe better than no answer (just).

Cheers

James.

3. ageinghippy

ageinghippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks James, I bought my oppo bluray and Sony TV from them. Price and sales were good but installation a disaster. Ended up redoing it myself. I'm in Leeds tomorrow for concert might try and fit in couple showrooms then and Monday morning.

Thanks

T

4. jamescg1972

jamescg1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I can see how that would put you off using them again, but at least with headphone testing there would be no installation for them to screw up.