Best HDMI Switch

happy_2008

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
So im fast running out of HDMI switches on the telelvision. What is the best value product out in the market for a HDMI switch?

You need to define which signals the Switch has to pass and any other Features you are looking for.

Joe

Just after a reliable switch that can hold more HDMI ports and switch to the channel once the device is on.

Which Source devices and which TV?

A ‘reliable’ 2 input HD/HDCP1.4 switch is not much use if you require 4 Inputs and support fir 4K UHD, HDR, DV etc

Joe

Which Source devices and which TV?

A ‘reliable’ 2 input HD/HDCP1.4 switch is not much use if you require 4 Inputs and support fir 4K UHD, HDR, DV etc

Joe

Its going on a Samsung 65Q80T and the devices will be for PS4 (Later PS5) & Nintendo Switch.

'Samsung 65Q80T' - seems to have one advanced Input (see note below on PS5) plus one eARC socket (you don't say if you have an AVR).

'Later PS5' - which combined with the capabilities of your TV would suggest that item would possibly be better served connected direct to the TV on Input 4.

PS4 + Nintendo Switch - do we assume you have other sources?

Joe

'Samsung 65Q80T' - seems to have one advanced Input (see note below on PS5) plus one eARC socket (you don't say if you have an AVR).

'Later PS5' - which combined with the capabilities of your TV would suggest that item would possibly be better served connected direct to the TV on Input 4.

PS4 + Nintendo Switch - do we assume you have other sources?

Joe

I can have the dedicated HDMI 4 (Game mode) for PS4/5 and perhaps just use the HDMI Switch on Input 3 for the Nintendo Switch & Android Box.

What is this - (you don't say if you have an AVR)?

'What is this - (you don't say if you have an AVR)?' - is there a sound system anywhere in the mix.

Joe

Hey Joe, do you know of any decent brands i could buy? The last one i bought of ebay didnt work.

We stick with supplying HDFury - not inexpensive but do work very well and being constantly improved with Firmware updates.

Joe

The Linker (2x1) at £149 is the lowest cost option from HDFury.

Joe

Hi,

Will the HD Fury Linker work with an Apple TV 4K and Sky Q box? Is it easy to setup and use?

Apologies for piggybacking this thread, but I think my question is similar to the OP's.

I have a couple of HDMI devices that I want to permanently connect to the one input of my HDFury Arcana (supplied by The Media Factory - thanks @Joe Fernand !) but the Arcana only has one input.

Constantly unplugging and plugging HDMI cables doesn't sit well with me as I'm sure the input port on the Arcana will eventually become worn and this is a critical component in our home theatre system to prevent lip syncing issues with the connected SONOS 5.1 sound system (our Panasonic TX58DX902B does not support eArc so using the HDMI ports on the TV is not really an option here).

I'm looking for a more permanent solution that will allow me to leave my BT TV box and Apple TV 4K connected, with the option of replacing the BT TV box with a Blu Ray player on the few occasions a year we use it. So, 2 inputs and one output is fine.

Ideally, I would like it to support 4K UHD, HDR, DDP 5.1, and Dolby Atmos (since we get Atmos via both the Apple TV 4K and BT Sport Ultimate).

Would I be correct in thinking that an HDFury Linker is what I'm looking for here (@Joe Fernand )? It will sit upstream of the Arcana, enabling me to leave all cables permanently connected (until we need to use the Blu Ray player - very rarely).

Any other options I should be considering at this point?

Thank you!

It might be actually cheaper just to buy a AVR and use that...plus could get speakers and such...

You would usually be looking at the Vertex² or Diva if you wish to partner an HDFury Switch with the Arcana - there are much lower cost options available, around €50, which work well when you only require a single video Output, drop me a PM and I'll send you some notes.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom