Question Best HDMI Splitter please.

Tom1982

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've read the posts about HDMI splitters and none seem to answer my question/issue.

I have a 65" LG LED TV wall mounted, I have one HDMI cable going in the wall behind it and out the bottom by the AV cabinet. I have an Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch to hook up on the one cable.

I bought a cheap splitter on Amazon, it works for the Switch but neither Xbox. All devices work when connected to the cable from the TV. Can Anyone recommend something that would work in this scenario? Not looking to spend hundred, probably limit of £50.

Thanks

The main issue you have is that what you require is a HDMI switch not a HDMI splitter.

Splitter - one source to many displays
Switch - many sources to one display

Amazon product ASIN B07BJFKV7K
Lots of "cheap ones" out there but I prefer a known brand with HDMI

There is also a 3 port version coming out that should be lower cost but not available yet

Ok, I checked and I did buy a HDMI switch originally. It was dirt cheap £10, and didn't work. I have purchased another one which was £30 but still doesn't work.

My setup is:
65" LG UHD TV (65UK6300PLB)
braided 4k HDMI cable Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.0b
Mrocioa HDMI 4k switch, 5 in 1 out 4k and 3D HDMI Switcher box.
4K HDMI leads bought from Amazon (brandless)
Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X

Any advice?

Get a proper branded switch and save yourself the hassle of messing with cheap ones on the off chance they work .

Any hdmi switch should also be powered separately from a mains adapter and not via hdmi

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom