Best HDMI DVD player for Toshiba 32WLT58

po_man

This question is preferably aimed at Tosh 32WLT58 owners although all comments would be welcome.

I currently own the Toshiba SD350E DVD player and whilst i find the images to be very good, i'm convinced that there is better. I recently purchased an XBOX 360 and contrary to some reports, i found the DVD images to be superb - dare i say it, very slightly better than the Tosh?!? - although i must admit, the 360 is probably unsuitable due to the fact that it sounds like a 747 on take off, which is a real shame because i'd almost certainly get shot of the Tosh if it was quieter.

So this leads me onto my question; which is the best HDMI DVD player out there? Is it worth me buying a new DVD player or won't i get much better than my current Tosh?

Any input would be much appreciated

ahaydock

Hi,

Cant speak for the Tosh but I use the Denon 1920 and find it very good :)

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
you need to consider a suitable budget. If I'd spent my hard earned cash on your superb Tosh LCD then I'd definitely hook it up to the Denon 1920 - available at around £200 / £250. What audio set up do you have? At risk of sounding like an advert, visit www.creative-audio.co.uk where you can purchase the fine Denon 1920 with a Denon 1906 amp and Kef KHT 1005 speakers for around £750, I think. Superb partners to your gorgeous Tosh, good luck!:hiya:

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
just visited www.creative-audio.co.uk and they have that deal at £739, including a £90 cable pack, which is a quality deal. The Denon 1920 DVD player is so much in demand that you can only purchase this as part of this deal and not as a separate - must be good, then....

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
should remember to do this all as one post, eh?

Just wanted to know, how is the Tosh? Been considering one. How much did you pay for it and where from? Details , details, details...... :smashin:

po_man

Abbeygoo said:
Just wanted to know, how is the Tosh? Been considering one. How much did you pay for it and where from? Details , details, details...... :smashin:
Many thanks Abbeygoo - that certainly does seem like a good deal although to be perfectly honest £700 odd pounds is not really an option at this time considering i've only just recently purchased the LCD and XBOX 360 with a little bit of christmas thrown in for good measure!!

The Denon was certainly one i was considering along with the new Sony DVPNS92 as that seems to be getting some decent feedback also. I don't have a sound system as yet but again, this should hopefully be in place in the next couple of months.

The Tosh 32WLT58 is a great piece of kit and i'm thoroughly impressed and pleased with it, as are all my friends. I purchased it from John Lewis Welwyn Garden City after a price match with my local HiSpek for £1079 back in November. Personally, i still don't think the the PQ on LCD is quite up there yet with the very best CRT's but this one, IMO, certainly pushes it hard. My SKY+ box is connected via a quality IXOS scart and the visuals really are sharp and vibrant and i can honestly say that i'm extremely pleased with the results. XBOX 360 shows what this set is really capable of and i'm extremely excited about the prospect of SKY HD and HD-DVD/BluRay this year.

If you're looking to get an LCD i'd def recommend the Tosh although i'd certainly take a look at the Panasonic TX32LXD52/500 (particularily the 500 as it really is a beauty!).

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom