• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best HD Download?

SgtHartman

Established Member
I have recently bought a HDTV and I obviously want to show it off to anyone and everyone. I downloaded a few HD clips and I was a little bit dissapointed, no real impreovement over my DVD player via component. I dont know whether it was the software I have (WMplayer 9) or the actual clips I downloaded. For that matter I am not sure how to set my PC up to output progressive or does it do it automatically? Which software is the best one to use? Can people tell me thier favourate, and obviously legal :rolleyes:, hd clips?

Cheers!

Retronana

In Memoriam
Hi,

A good place to start is the WMV HD Showcase, don't bother downloading anything that has a DRM flag next to the specs.

WMV-HD

You may like to try some Divx HD, they can be downloaded here:

Divx HD

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
blueshoe5000 said:
Have you tried Media player 10? I thought you need this to view HD content?

You may need WMP10 for some Windows Media HD content - but for other forms of HD (MPEG2, Divx etc.) then other players like VLC, Divx Player etc. will also work.

pointyone

Established Member
sin city :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom