• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Gun - MW2

mrgreedy2008

Standard Member
Currently using the SCAR with the iron sights, with stopping power, but looking at using a new gun.

Tried the SCAR without the stopping power and I felt that it made a big difference (possibly all in my head). :suicide:

I am looking at not using stopping power and freeing up that perk, but what is the best gun to do so??

Any recommendations would be greatfully welcomed.

I still love the M4 and currently use that most of the time (only 18 head shots to go to reach my 1000 and completely max it out).

Other gun that I dabble with is the ACR and a fair few others love this gun too.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
For standard games I'm using silenced SCAR with stopping power. Works really well and the rest of the players don't know where I am from radar.

Hardcore I tend to rotate the guns to get challenges.

Lalonde

You could probably get away without stopping power on the M16 and I personally don't bother with it on the AUG and that still seemed ok. I'd think both would adequate as long as you're not using a silencer.

I'm currently using the ACR and love that gun, although I think stopping power is a must with it.

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
gotta be the ACR for me. failing that i like the M16 next. it takes a bit of getting used to i feel, but it'll do the job without stopping power for sure.

D

Deleted member 152499

The UMP is also very capable without using Stopping Power.....works well with Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

mrgreedy2008

Standard Member
For standard games I'm using silenced SCAR with stopping power. Works really well and the rest of the players don't know where I am from radar.

Hardcore I tend to rotate the guns to get challenges.

Think that I may just go down this route. Stick with SCAR, but rotate guns now and again to mix it up.

Been a long time viewer of AV Forums, and will probably be sticking around, so should probably introduce myself formally.

Gamertag is SLobar and MW2 is my first real attempt at playing multiplayer COD. Currently sitting at 1.01 k/d and at level 50. but looking to improve.

Would be good to get a game with some of you soon, although I can see my k/d ratio going way down by doing so.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
personally i use the TAR alot with stopping power and red dot sight i just find the damage to range ratio is better and as my second weapon i go for the machine pistol (the first one get) which i like for close work, just find it a bit more flexable for the spray and hope merchant like me:thumbsup:

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
Think that I may just go down this route. Stick with SCAR, but rotate guns now and again to mix it up.

Been a long time viewer of AV Forums, and will probably be sticking around, so should probably introduce myself formally.

Gamertag is SLobar and MW2 is my first real attempt at playing multiplayer COD. Currently sitting at 1.01 k/d and at level 50. but looking to improve.

Would be good to get a game with some of you soon, although I can see my k/d ratio going way down by doing so.

welcome to the forums mate!

yep your kd will go right down with the social group:thumbsdow as we tend to play objective games, so unless you like to camp alot or play them like TDM you will die alot:clap:

your welcome to send me an Fr and i'll invite you in to any party's that i join that way you get to meet the crowd.

mrgreedy2008

Standard Member
welcome to the forums mate!

yep your kd will go right down with the social group:thumbsdow as we tend to play objective games, so unless you like to camp alot or play them like TDM you will die alot:clap:

your welcome to send me an Fr and i'll invite you in to any party's that i join that way you get to meet the crowd.

I will do. I tend to play a lot of domination and I'm normally the 1st person in to secure the objective. Get really peed off with the idiots that play domination and go 30 - 5 and start moaning that they have still lost, because they have played it like TDM.

I tend to finish 15 - 7 etc on domination, and probably play a bit too conservatively, but now my k/d is positive I just don't want to see it go back down.

scanz

Distinguished Member
If your confident with your aim, use the burst fire guns...

Famas and M16...

They are pretty damn ridicilous.
Yeah the Famas is brilliant, i do miss it a bit.

However, discovered the TAR-21 over the weekend, what a gun!

benjammmin

must have been mentioned above but i think the ACR and UMP are the two 'core' weapons to try out other than the SCAR.

mcmad

UMP for close combat
M4 or ACR for anything requiring long shots

ACR 'feels' more accurate but I definately get more headshots with the M4 :confused:

davidcharles

...has to be an m16, red dot, fmj and stopping power pro for me.....1 burst and your dead.......i also use ninja pro so no one hears me sneaking about :smashin:.....works well for me as i am not the quickest at modernwarfare2 but my aim is good.

great at long distance and can shoot thru walls too with fmj on....i have a shoutgun as second weapon which i get out when entering a small room etc....

The Bass

If your confident with your aim, use the burst fire guns...

Famas and M16...

They are pretty damn ridicilous.
And have a good connection. If you are host you'll drop everyone in one burst without stopping power as long as you aim at their body. The problem is when you have an average or bad connection as some of the bullets seem to vanish (which is why I had to stop using the FAL).

Purple Box

Tar for me, with the iron sights though. The round red dot sight is awful and I dont get on with holograhics.

The M4 is also a very good gun, really easy to use.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
Tar for me, with the iron sights though. The round red dot sight is awful and I dont get on with holograhics.

i did find the red dot sight took a little getting used to but have no problems with it now. do find you get a lot of recoil when using the acog sight on it, why that makes such a difference i don't know.

Purple Box

Yes do find it a bit of a jerky gun but with the silencer on it's fine. Play silenced most of the time with the Tar.

I agree, it is horrible. The iron sights are a major consideration to me, which is why i use the scar. The M4 is great, but the iron sights are too chunky. I like to see what's going on around the sights as i'm aiming. I don't like to waste an attachment on a sight (i bet y'all can guess why :devil:) unless i'm completing challenges.

The ACR is great, but if you're looking to turn off stopping power then maybe give it a miss as it needs it IMO.

+1 on the UMP. It is amazing. You can always here the distinctive rattle tattle of it during every game as it is very popular and rightly so.

do find you get a lot of recoil when using the acog sight on it, why that makes such a difference i don't know.

I assumed it was because the ACOG zooms in further so the recoil is exaggerated? It seems to be the same on the SCAR.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
The SCAR or UMP can be used without Stopping Power.
I only really use Stopping Power but am trying other Perks and those guns seem to be the best without Stopping Power.

UMP + Hardline on a Small Map :devil:

Deftones

The Bass

I assumed it was because the ACOG zooms in further so the recoil is exaggerated? It seems to be the same on the SCAR.
I personally think that the ACOG increases recoil, at least on some guns. Try it on a FAMAS and when aiming at the chest the last bullet seems to hit the head very often. Without you just get three body shots. There's also the video I put on my old youtube account where I took 5 shots at a guy with an ACOG FAMAS with both of us standing still and me pointing straight at him. It was only the last bullet that killed him out of the 15...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom