Best Graphics Card for MCE ?

evolution400

Hi Guys am I correct in assuming its not worht bothering with a high spec graphics card unless you are running 1080p native ?
Currently I have a NVIDIA - 7050PV - Integrated in the motherboard and I run 720p which is my TV's native res I am thinking about getting a new TV soon and I would want to get a fanless add on card but thats only if my current card would not cope or any other card would offer any picture improvments ?
NVIDIA still the best for MCE or have ATI caught up ?
thanks in advance.

Astrotoy7

Standard Member
Hi Guys am I correct in assuming its not worht bothering with a high spec graphics card unless you are running 1080p native ?
you are very correct in assuming that!

I have 2 vista mce rigs on a 720p display >> one is a silent card a geforce 6200(a far from spectacular card, but still does its job!!) and the other has internal Intel GMA 950, which is integrated/shared graphics as well.

I have built for various clients with a 1080p display who gets great performance from a geforce7300(or AMD counterpart) but in MCE 2005 only. To bump up to Vista at 1080p, I'd be looking at 7600 as a bare minimum, maybe even one of those new 9600s of you have the cash. Price will also be a factor if you want to throw in HDMI out into the mix :)

astro

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom