1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Graphics Card Available??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by tim k, Mar 26, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have seen me posting about the pci fx5200 which i have found to be imcompatible with my motherboard so decided to wack it on ebay and get a new agp card. I was looking at the 6600gt's for around 130 then realised if i upped the budget i could easily get the x800 pro, ive also seen that you can flash the bios to make it an xt. Now from what i can see this is the best video card out there? and i think will compliment my p4 3gig pc which im using as a media hub around the house (direct to plasma/lcd and 3 audio systems). Now whats your opinions of the best graphics card out there? Am i right in paying the extra money, i want the pc mainly for pc gaming and multimedia.

2. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Careful not all pro's can be flashed. Look for vivo models.

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    eEEEEEK! just found ebay have 6800 ultras from hong kong for 240 quid, couldnt help myself!!anyone got 1?

4. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Had one sent it back. Buggy as hell. Swapped it for an x800xtpe.

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why buggy? did u install latest drivers? was performance not as expected or where u trying to do things not expected of it.

6. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I had a BFG, always use the latest "stable" drivers (not always the latest). And buggy, as benchmarks hang. Games stutter, BSOD, artefacts. Doom 3 was a horrible freezing nightmare. ATI X800XTPE never crashed, not once, benches better, overclocks higher, runs on less power. Those Ultras use power like it’s going out of fashion, two plugs. You better have a good PSU, sucked my Tagan 480w dry.

Ebay £260 East Sussex

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67864&item=5179564835