Best GPU under £100 for Gaming

Jason56d

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son is looking is upgrade his GPU from a ATI 5450 (we think) and has up to about £100 to spend. He wants to be able to play BLOPS 2, World of Warcraft and Runescape on decent settings. He has an Intel i5 with 4GB (need to upgrade?) running 64bit Windows 7.

Being out of touch, I have been looking round and for his budget the HD7770 or the GTX650 seem the best options?

Anyone have any recommendations or advice? Thanks.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the replies. But is the GTX 650ti that much of an improvement over the HD7770?

Most of the reviews I have read, say yes, it is slightly better on some games, but not all, and the HD7770 is still a fantastic GPU that plays games at a very good standard.

This for example gets good reviews and comes with 2 games, Far Cry 3 & Nexuiz.

XFX Double Dissipation Core Edition Radeon HD 7770 AMD Graphics Card - 1GB HD 4K Ready - FX-777A-ZDF4 - Scan.co.uk

Or this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-R7770-D...UTF8&colid=1GPQF29PQK4LL&coliid=I1UANC0WPVJUJ

Just want the best for him as it his own money, but I will get the blame if it's pants! :rolleyes:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I would go for the 7770 then is is a fair bit cheaper than the 650ti, and Far Cry is a pretty good game

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom