Question Best Gaming TV 2019 ?

vxlomegav6

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this.

So... I’ve had a Panasonic TX-50EX750B since late 2017 and it was miles ahead of my previous Samsung, It is much more enjoyable to play games on but the colours in general do seem a bit washed out in general apart from that it’s been good but feels like time to upgrade if there are enough differences to upgrade to this new TV...

The Panasonic has relatively low imput lag as well in game mode around 14ms - 20ms apparently.

My question is is there anything out there 55” size maximum that would be even better for gaming? With even lower imput lag. I mainly play FPS on a PS4 Pro.

I’m considering a LG C9 55” apparently one of the best TVs of 2019 overall with input lag around 12.8ms-14ms from what I’ve gathered reading some information here an there. There is also a Samsung QLED that is also apparently pretty good with the added bonus of no worries about OLED... Although I’d like an OLED this time around for Movies/TV series watching experience as well...

I’ll likely be looking to play COD MW 2019 with this new TV, Would burn-in be an issue. No idea how common this is but keep seeing comments/feedback related to OLEDs in general with gaming especially with constant HUDs etc..

As it stands now I’m leaning towards a LG C9 55”

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have a PS4 Pro and just ordered an LG B9 that's coming tomorrow. It has 13ms of input lag and 2.1 HDMI so is also future proofed for PS5. The difference between the B9 and C9 is mainly in the different processors, the actual screen is the same. From what I've read there seems little point in paying extra for the C9 unless you intend on using the processing features which should be turned off for gaming anyway.

In regards to burn in, the general opinion seems to be that as long as you do vary your content then you shouldn't have an issue. You would need play the same game for hundreds of hours to be at risk. TV channels with static logos can also cause issues but you can mitigate this risk by dropping the brightness and using the logo dimming feature.

I have a PS4 Pro and just ordered an LG B9 that's coming tomorrow. It has 13ms of input lag and 2.1 HDMI so is also future proofed for PS5. The difference between the B9 and C9 is mainly in the different processors, the actual screen is the same. From what I've read there seems little point in paying extra for the C9 unless you intend on using the processing features which should be turned off for gaming anyway.

In regards to burn in, the general opinion seems to be that as long as you do vary your content then you shouldn't have an issue. You would need play the same game for hundreds of hours to be at risk. TV channels with static logos can also cause issues but you can mitigate this risk by dropping the brightness and using the logo dimming feature.

let me know how you like it for gaming ;)

Hmmm.... £1,374 currently the LG C9

Q80/85/90 - they have specific gaming features that may be of interest: they allow motion interpolation without adding lag; they can brighten shadows in dark scenes so you see more.

Black levels not as good as oleds but not horrendous either. All been reviewed on here.

Q80/85/90 - they have specific gaming features that may be of interest: they allow motion interpolation without adding lag; they can brighten shadows in dark scenes so you see more.

Black levels not as good as oleds but not horrendous either. All been reviewed on here.

Just to confirm this is the Samsung Q90R 55” QLED ?

Seen some reviews the HDMI isn’t true 2.1 apparently on the Samsung’s and when the PS5 comes out the LG B9/C9 would be able to take full advantage making it more future proof? Not looked much into this. Mostly input lag and picture quality.

But yeah I’ve seen all kinda reviews for both TVs and im at that point now where I have pretty much confused my self... But as it stands now the Samsung Q90R cheapest i can find £1,899 - The LG C9 £1,374.... Is the Samsung really worth the extra???

I’m in the same boat, I’m stepping up from a 5 year old 1080p Bravia. I’ve only ever had Sony TVs and had it in my head that LG weren’t good for gaming for some reason, maybe to do with the over vibrant colours?
Although I’ve seen the C8 mentioned on a couple of gaming sites as a great option, so I have no idea really
I’m also looking for 55”, up to about £1500, predominantly for use with the PS4 Pro.

The options have already been mentioned in this thread, you should first decide which technology suits you more before considering LCD TVs and OLED TVs.

Remember that a QLED is not a new technology, its an LCD TV with a way of creating better colours with HDR.

Everyone mentions input lag but 10~30ms is hardly something you are likely to notice. What I can guarantee you will notice is motion resolution which is a sensitive topic. I have an LG B8 and despite having an instant response time fast paced games are unplayable without using black frame insertion. When the camera pans quickly everything looks a lot clearer. So I would say get an OLED with black frame insertion. I'm not sure about QLEDs and LEDs but most hardcore PC gamers would probably love to have a small gaming monitor that uses an OLED panel.

I have a C7 and a C8, would highly recommend going for a C9.

No issues with image retention or screen burn and I've had lengthy gaming sessions on both.

I got my B9 on Thursday , played Cod ww2 on normal playstation and it looked so good it took me by surprise. Plus the prices right now are great .

You should have a look here when deciding between the B9/C9 :-

The C9 seems a lot brighter, even allowing for panel variation and I believe there is a VRR feature being added to the C9/E9 but not the B9.

Last edited:
LG C9 is great with games. I’ve been happily surprised with the sets upscaling with the Nintendo switch, as well as enjoying the best hdr 4K forza horizon sessions too.

Anybody got ideas for a gaming telly up to £800?

Probably mostly subjective, but I've been using my Samsung 55" NU8000 for over a year now, it was about $850 last year, and has excellent color and responsiveness. Where it will really shine for gaming for me is when you set it on 1440p at 120Hz (only works on Game Mode). Running at 4k60 looks very smooth as well but noticeably smoother on 120, and both settings have great colors generally. Game Mode does wonders and I recommend the TV. Lately I generally play Dark Souls titles, Civilization, Doom 2016, Two-Point Hospital, etc., with my PC connected to it over HDMI with a GTX 1070.

That's a glowing summary, gonna have to look at that one, cheers.

I'm using an LG OLED 65 C9, plenty of gaming & tv and have no complaints at all. Using Verizon Fios 4K box with an xbox one x, PS4 Pro and nintendo switch.

I have been using the LG Oleds since the C6 and never had any issues with burn in. C6, C8 & C9 all going strong with no burn in issues or pixel issues.

Anybody got ideas for a gaming telly up to £800?
There aren't really any poor gaming TVs anymore, all have low enough input lag. If you are looking to purchase new with that budget I'd aim for TVs like the Hisense U8B or Samsung RU8000, the RU8000 unfortunately isn't as bright as the NU8000..but it shouldnt be a problem.

There are no capable TVs with HDR in your price range, unfortunately, not unless the Sony XG9005 or Samsung Q70R drop to £800.

50-55. Thought 40 would be enough last time (about 4 years back) times really do change.lol.

Sony XF9005 - see thread linked

I might give it 6 months first and watch the prices, did actually have my eye on that Sony gx9005 but apparently the input lag isn't all that and it might be crappy for gaming? Had a look at the Samsung and it's a definite contender being the gaming mode looks very useful. So at least iv a least few different choices.

I might give it 6 months first and watch the prices, did actually have my eye on that Sony gx9005 but apparently the input lag isn't all that and it might be crappy for gaming? Had a look at the Samsung and it's a definite contender being the gaming mode looks very useful. So at least iv a least few different choices.
I posted this a moment ago, but input lag is not a worry like it used to be. All TVs have low enough input lag now.

You won't get a better deal than that Sony, that is for sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom