Best Gaming PC for £700

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Halesey, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Halesey

Halesey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son is new to gaming and is looking to spend a max of £700 that he has saved up over the years. I need some guidance please on what company or current specifications to look for. Many thanks :)

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    If you are looking at prebuilt machines, then a current i5 CPU with a 7950 graphics card and Windows 8 can be had from Dino PC for well under £700. I would use that as a benchmark to compare other machines to.
    Have you thought about buying the parts and putting them together yourself? you could ge a good deal that way and have exactly what you want

3. martyn3000

martyn3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Had a quick look on Dino PC and the chepest I could get a i5 3570K with a 7950 was circa £770, and that was with a 500GB HDD.

As a self build you can probably get those components for £700 or less

Edit.

Unless you customise one of their multimedia PCs with the 7950, but that uses a less powerful i5 3470 and cheaper motherbard with no OC ability.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. OJB20

OJB20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you customise the Mass Effect Multimedia PC on DinoPC with a i5 3570 and 7850 gpu it comes in at under 700 but thats without monitor, mouse + keyboard.
    I suppose that information is pretty useless but its a good gaming PC for 700 ish.

5. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Thats the one i'm talking about. You never get a mouse, monitor or keyboard with those sort of prebuilt systems. If you got to budget for that then a decent 1920x1080 monitor is £100 and mouse and keyboard, well thats personal preference and can cost very little or a lot

6. LapSeeker

LapSeeker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry don't know much about builds and what not, but I was wanting a build a few years ago and was considering Dino PC as the outlet until I did my research online and especially on AV Forums where I came to the conclusion it was not worth it to shop from Dino PC.

Unless something has changed in the last few years with Dino PC, I would avoid until/ unless you have done your own research into them.

7. OJB20

OJB20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heard nothing but good things but if you've heard different you should probably share..