Best gaming mouse and keyboard.

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by weavesno1, Aug 6, 2012.

1. weavesno1

weavesno1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,888
    Hi guys,

TT ESPORTS Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard - by Thermaltake, anybody heard of or used this brand of keyboard. £50 on eBay

Cheers

Ps what mouse is best for gaming also

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    There is no best mouse and keyboard, it is all personal preference. Mechanical keyboards are decent but then they have different types of switches in them eg. red, black, brown, blue and they all have a different feel which is again personal preference.
    Mice come in all different shapes and sizes, depending on how you hold the mouse you might hate a mouse that someone else loves - it might be too big / small for you.

I have heard of ttesports and they are well regarded, they sponsor WhiteRa I think.
    My favourite mouse at the minute is Logitech G9x but it is too small for some people, I like the steelseries mice too. Deathadder is popular if you like big mice

3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,493
    Those are 'flavours' of the popular Cherry MX switch, their are both other mechanical switches from Cherry (e.g. the low profile ML) and those using other designs (like the one originally designed by Alps and recently copied by others after the patent expired).

'Mechanical' is a bit of a fuzzy definition (some people try to apply it to anything good so it gets a bit tortured) but generally refers to keyswitches using hard plastic parts to create the feedback and while some 'mechanical' switches are great for typing feel their typical downsides are that they're noisy and more expensive.

If you're mainly concerned with gaming and aren't doing much typing then you might prefer just to save the money.