Question Best game you never got to play

HeavenlyWarrior

I'm big into archery and games so naturally I enjoy games that feature them. I've never owned a pc though so the one that I always wanted to play eluded me - Crysis 3. This has got me thinking, what was the game you always wanted to play but never got to because the tech doesn't exist anymore or it was cancelled or released on a platform you didn't have?

weaponx031277

Always wanted to get round to play Final Fantasy 6 and Secret Of Mana. In fact theres probably quite a few games that i would like to get round to playing and have but for whatever reason haven't, mainly time constraints.

VoodoMan

Novice Member
I feel very sad about Elite Dangerous. I love space, love the beauty of that game, but for some reason every time I try to buy it I have problems with my wallet or money so I suppose It is some kind of a karma.

dUnKle

The Jon Ritman Batman game on the Spectrum.

I was a commodore boy from the Vic 20 to the CD32 and desperately wanted play batman

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Knights of the Old Republic, watched my brother play it and had a bit of a dabble, but never found the time back then to do it justice..

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Always wanted to play Alien 3 on the SNES. There was the terrible Sega release which got ported to the Amiga, but the SNES version just looked amazing. It probably wasn't, but it looked good.

paddy187

Alien 3 on snes was rubbish as well. Nice idea and decent guns but you spent the time getting jumped on by aliens running from the side of the screen with no time to react!

dUnKle

Knights of the Old Republic, watched my brother play it and had a bit of a dabble, but never found the time back then to do it justice..
The only game I completed in one sitting, well apart from falling asleep at about 3 thirty in morning for about 90 minutes.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Think the main two games for me that I regret missing were Counterstrike. And also Alien Vs Predator (the old one everyone raved about for the PC not the new one for the Xbox360/PS3).

As a slight slant on things. Two games that I played that I wished I took more seriously and completed were Bak to Skool and Skool Daze for the Spectrum. Watching the walkthroughs of them on Youtube I wished I had played them properly.

beecee

Always wanted to play Alien 3 on the SNES. There was the terrible Sega release which got ported to the Amiga, but the SNES version just looked amazing. It probably wasn't, but it looked good.
The Sega Mega Drive version was far superior to the snes version, ok the snes had good graphics and sound, but the megdrive game was much better overall.

jayjayhop

Standard Member
I'll use this post just to know if anyone is playing 1010! ? I have rad some good reviews about it.
Is this game addictive? It looks like modern tetris.

Cheers!

Courtjezter

Distinguished Member
Mercenary on the humble Speccy. It was the first 3d openworld free roaming action game, or one of the first, but i could never find a copy. I think it got the highest ever score from Your Sinclair, something like 97%.

HeavenlyWarrior

Always wanted to get round to play Final Fantasy 6 and Secret Of Mana. In fact theres probably quite a few games that i would like to get round to playing and have but for whatever reason haven't, mainly time constraints.
These are available on mobile if that interests you.

hulkhogan

i think its gotta be the early releases for me - i was stuck on either spectrum or pc gaming - never console so i missed out on the whole final fantasy hype

but if i had to choose one it'd probably be zelda - still havent played it to this day

other notable mentions - the mario games, pokemon games

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
i think its gotta be the early releases for me - i was stuck on either spectrum or pc gaming - never console so i missed out on the whole final fantasy hype

but if i had to choose one it'd probably be zelda - still havent played it to this day

other notable mentions - the mario games, pokemon games

You know you can play a lot of the old pokemon games in your browser

gazdavis11

Due to my backlog of games I've got quite a few on the PS3 still to even open and that includes Red Dead Redemption which I know is a cracker! Also never played any of the Bioshock titles nor mass effect ones

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Mass Effect for me. Been hoping for a next gen remaster

tim68

I was so much looking forward to playing Star Wars 1313 before Disney pulled the plug after it's takeover of Lucasarts, it was looking to be one hell of a game after seeing the early footage at E3 a few years ago

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett