Best Game Ever Made?

Gaslight

The Last of Us.

but often overlooked, yet the fact that it absorbed much of my late twenties, I feel that the Battlefield series should also get a mention.

Rawschach

Distinguished Member
Resident Evil (either the remake of the first one or the actual first one for the impact when it came out) Some of the sequels are nearly as good.

iron_monkey

Hard to pick but i'd probably say goldeneye on the N64. 4 player splitscreen was amazing at the time.

Viertel

Standard Member
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Horn of the abyss
Fallout 2 for sure
Fallout 76 (now there is new content and new items for buy)

Last edited:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Football Manager of course. Nothing will ever make you rage more. 🤣

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Aye simpler times for sure. A season in a few hours was good. Nowadays it takes a day just to get to your first league game.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I'd raise you Mario cart 64

richp007

Distinguished Member
Impossible for me to choose between the original Resident Evil, God of War or The Last of Us.

The three of them are literal masterpieces.

Caljo

Demon’s Souls (PS3).

Ground-breaking, creating a whole new genre.

Xenomorph

Doom 1993 original still very playable to this day and ground breaking at the time

Very innovative for the time, and paved the way for 3D FPS games. John Carmack is a genius.
I love games that bring a completely new concept. Portal was one such game. Highly absorbing, and I'd seen nothing like it before.

Nightrain

It's highly subjective but, for me, God of War (PS4). I've played every game in the series since its PS2 debut and I didn't think they could reinvent the concept so successfully. I do think it's a masterpiece.

Xenomorph

It's highly subjective but, for me, God of War (PS4). I've played every game in the series since its PS2 debut and I didn't think they could reinvent the concept so successfully. I do think it's a masterpiece.

That's what I thought about the Zelda franchise, but Nintendo have absolutely reinvented the whole thing, and made it better.

Ace Of Wands

The Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time - N64

DA0A5C3F-0FEE-4A6D-9EE6-329CC53C0A24.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern announces AK ZERO1 in ear monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MI1250 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 13th October 2021