Best Full HD LCD for £500

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Karlosavfc, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Karlosavfc

Karlosavfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi, as title says really. looking for a good full hd lcd tv, around 37".

suggestions?

thanks in advance,
    Karl

2. Karlosavfc

Karlosavfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone?

3. scarey

scarey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    i'm fairly new on this forum but found that by reading previous threads i got a good idea of what is good and what is bad...

4. Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    ^ Thats a good start, the only downside is that not all the info will be current.

5. Jixes

Jixes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    To attain the best possible advice from people on this forum, it may be benefical to add to your post what sources (freeview, DVD, Xbox etc.) and associated viewing percentages you intend to use your set for. If you are going to use the set exclusively with an Xbox then you will receive different recommednations, than if you stated you were using it for Freeview and DVD's.

Viewing distance and why it has to be 37" (rather than 40) & full HD would also be useful. The more infromation you include the more likley you are to get the right advice.

This will help people advise you on the best set for your requirements. :thumbsup:

Good Luck with your search. :)

6. Karlosavfc

Karlosavfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the help (as you probably noticed, extreme newbie!)
    Well intend on using it for xbox & dvds mainly (purchasing blu-ray player soon so probably be asking about that next!) Along with just general viewing, sports etc (sky+ box if that helps?)
    Going for 37" as 40" would look a little out of place (would perhaps go next size down if tv spec is best suited for me)
    Thanks again! Karl

7. Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The larger sets normally have better features that are simply unavailable to smaller ones, 100Hz motion processing, 5:5 pulldown, better contrast ratios...

There are a few range on the market that suddenly give you a whole lot more when you go up from 37" to 40"

8. Jixes

Jixes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Gives you so much more choice if you can stretch to a 40" screen.

Also over the next month or so the manufacturers will start to release their new models, so if you can wait, you maybe able to get a newer model or an existing model at a cut down price.

Most sets will look excellent with HD sources and to some extent DVD's. When you narrow your search down to a few sets, go to view them in the flesh and instist on viewing them using SD/Freeview broadcasts as this will give you a true reflection on what they look like with your SKY+ box. The Sales assistant can WOW you with all the HD content, but more me the most important thing is how a set handles poorer sources like SD.

I am sure that other people on this forum can recommend some 37" (i would really try to go to 40 if you can) screens that are Full HD.

Good Luck with your search.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009