• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Freeview For £30

mug

Established Member
Hi

With so many to choose from I am spoilt for choice. Is there a certain box which stands out above the rest if so give me details:hiya:

Also I done a check on my postcode (le2 8hx) and it says I won't get all the channels :rolleyes:. Is that 100% accurate ?

Thanks,
Marcus

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
You have a choice of two transmitters, both of which carry all of Freeview.
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=le2+8hx
However, the results would indicate that, either way, you are in a marginal reception area. Based on those results, you WILL need a proper aerial installation, which may also require a masthead amplifier. The right aerial installation will have a far, far bigger impact on your experience than choosing the "right" box, but, if one is necessary, will cost more than £30.

Of course, as with all things RF, you may just be lucky. It does no harm to try a box on your existing aerial. But I think you should expect patchy results.

mug

Established Member
Picking up channels isn't a problem as I bought one today and I'm getting all channels :clap:. But the box I bought isn't anything special so I gave it to my mum.

Any recommendations on a box below £30 ??

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom