Best Freeview Box with Netflix at the moment?

MultiRoom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know this is quite subjective, but I'm looking for an all in one box, to be fed with a TV aerial, that I can use for catchup TV. I'd like to get something really decent, spec wise. I can get a CAT5 cable to it, so it doesn't need to be wireless. I was looking at the Humax DTR-T2000 but there is no Netflix app on it.

This is for the bedroom, and it's because my Samsung UE32H6400 has lipsync issues, I don't want to get rid of it because the picture is just so good, so I'm looking for an all in one box to replace the 'smart' functions of the TV.

Thanks for any advice.

Panasonic and Humax boxes are pretty much your only friends, not sure if Youview boxes have Netflix.

Clem

Cheers all, I ended up getting a Humax FVP-4000T. It's pretty good, my only gripe is it doesn't auto switch it's output to 24p like a Virgin Tivo box does, so you have to put up with jerky Netflix content when watching a film. It only outputs at 50hz, so fine for UK TV and catch-up, and British Netflix series, but poor for US films and TV series or anything with a 23.976fps framerate, which is almost everything with isn't British.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom