Best Freeview Box with Card Slot

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by spidey2k7, Feb 15, 2007.

1. spidey2k7

spidey2k7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Evening all

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a Freeview box with a card reader for topup tv etc.

I currently have the Sony VTXD800U, but it doesn't have this feature.

Thanks for your time.

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    It is apparently no longer possible to sign up for the basic TopUP TV service.

http://www.topup.tv/current.html

As you can see the remaining service is rather limited; and this may; or may not continue. If you are a new subscriber you have to buy the Anytime Thompson package. It seems from other forums that there are some problems with Anytime.

Richard

3. spidey2k7

spidey2k7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the info Richard.

You wouldn't happen to know if this applies to the Sentana Sports package? I heard from a friend that they were supposed to be offering a similar package to that of Topup.

Michael.

4. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    "Setanta Sports launches on March 1. Call 08700 543 210 now to order."
    http://www.topuptv.co.uk/

I imagine you'll need a TopUpTV Anytime receiver.

5. spidey2k7

spidey2k7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Sam

6. MrDeeJay

MrDeeJay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called up and ordered Setanta for my freeview reciver today and they are sending me out a card for my top up tv box. So although you may not get old top tv cards, Setanta seem to be sending out their own cards even says so on their web site.

1. Customers with a Top Up TV box and viewing card should call Setanta to pre-register on 08700 55 21 35 and the service will be switched on when then channel goes live on 1 March.

2. Customers with a Freeview box with a viewing card slot should call Setanta. A viewing card will be mailed out and the service will be switched on when the channel goes live on 1 March.

3. Customers with no box (or with a box with no viewing card slot) should call Setanta and a viewing card will be posted out ready for March 1. Boxes with a viewing card slot can be purchased in high-street stores such as Comet and Argos. Setanta will be able to supply boxes directly from April 2007.

7. MrDeeJay

MrDeeJay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I called Setanta today and they are sending out a Top Up Tv for the service and it even tells you on teh web site

1. Customers with a Top Up TV box and viewing card should call Setanta to pre-register on 08700 55 21 35 and the service will be switched on when then channel goes live on 1 March.

2. Customers with a Freeview box with a viewing card slot should call Setanta. A viewing card will be mailed out and the service will be switched on when the channel goes live on 1 March.

3. Customers with no box (or with a box with no viewing card slot) should call Setanta and a viewing card will be posted out ready for March 1. Boxes with a viewing card slot can be purchased in high-street stores such as Comet and Argos. Setanta will be able to supply boxes directly from April 2007.

under section 2 a viewing card will be mailed out. looks like I am ok just now. Was told I will recive it on February 26th.

8. SportBilly

SportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Setanta are also now taking orders for their own card slot box.

sb

9. spidey2k7

spidey2k7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the info people. Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to a Box with a CAM (card slot I believe? Sorry - newbie). Ideally I want something that has been as reliable as my Sony unit.

:smashin:

10. bainsyboy

bainsyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Just joined up, cam card reader is £29.99 for my humax 9000t pvr, there is a two month minimum contract that is payable up front with a £10 connection fee, heres hoping it lasts as i hate sky.

For setanta demo on free view check channel 43