1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best freeview box to mate a Jvc Dm1 Recorder

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by andru, Jan 19, 2004.

1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am thinking of ditching sky to go the freeview way.Which would be the best box to match up to the jvc dvd recorder and it would also have to intergrate into my sony home cinema system.I'm not fully up on RGB/Composite details,all i know is that i have read RGB is the better option.Would this be the way to go with my dvd recorder?

Thanks

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    If your DVD Recorder can do RGB then yes. Most if not all Freeview boxes with do RGB but do check. The Pioneer box (£80 from richersounds) also has optical out for connecting to AV systems.

Basically get a good brand Freeview box that is fast at changing channels and interactive features(who wants a show box) and support by the manufacture still.

Pioneer, Sony are about the 2 best boxes IMO. Humax, Nokia, Goodmans, Pace are all pretty good as well. Panasonic is good but avoid the TUC-20 as its no longer support or the Philips.

As with anything in life your pay for what you get thats why the Sony and Pioneer are more expensive than other boxes.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Pionear has S-video out on VCR scart, Perfect for JVC recorder which doesnt have RGB in. But means you can get RGB on TV and record S-video!

4. miall

miall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to use the JVC's remote control for the freeview box make sure it will work - my HUMAX fx2 doesn't, nor does it allow timed recordings, as there is still some residual broadcasting even when turned off. My solution is to set up the JVC for manual recording, and the HUMAX for timed recording for each program which is a bit of a pain.