• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

best free/lite ipad apps ,post what you find and what there like

toddy28

what are the best free / lite apps you have found so far (ipad only)

so far i like

toy story (cool for the kids if you let them near your new toy)

harbor master (cant get the wife of it )

tap tap radiation (good show off app)

imdb is amazing on the ipad loads of 720p trailers

asimm

Good thread-

Labyrinth
Alice in Wonderland
WSJ
USA Today
IBooks
NY Times

So far.....

PS I second the your choices of Toy Story and IMDB. IMDB in particular is amazing.

ManicRobot

I'll third IMDB.

Strangely enough, last night I watched three trailers in a row all of which paraphrased the line from the Wizard of Oz (I don't think we're in Kansas anymore). The first two were Sex in the City 2 and Avatar. I can't remember which the third one was as I nearly fell out of my chair! What are the chances of that?

Any back OT. I like Weatherbug which I picked up from this list:

Fanboi's delight - the top ten free iPad apps

iandrews

I've just got MultiPong. It's free for the next few days. As the name suggests it's a multi (or single) player pong type game. Looks like it might be quite good.

Ian.

greencat

Evernote and Dropbox. Adobe Ideas. Kindle (lots of free books - some of which are even worth downloading)

Last edited:

toddy28

I've just got MultiPong. It's free for the next few days. As the name suggests it's a multi (or single) player pong type game. Looks like it might be quite good.

Ian.

Played it after the football with 3 mates it's quality in 4 player mode

MattApp

Standard Member
How well do apps work on the iPad? Do iPhone apps translate properly?

I don't have an iPad but enjoy using my iPhone.

kaybe02

Standard Member
I have a few iPhone Apps and they look and work the same on the iPad. Some of them give you the option to double the size of the display which looks odd at first but you soon get used to it.

Kaybe

m0gwai

Standard Member
if your ipad is jailbroken, i suggest you download and use full force, it let you run iphone apps at the native ipad resolution without zooming.

It works extremly well with some applications, facebook and skype look perfect, with some others not so much, like graphics are squeezed in the top right corner, I guess it depends on the app was coded in the first.

full force let you choose if you want it to enabled by application so for those where it doesn't work, like games you simply disable it.

it's brilliand and free

toddy28

What's the difference

Free for a limited time its the same game as you get in the pubs with out the naked girls

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom