1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best for music - Mission M3S or M30?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sally73, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Sally73

Sally73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I'm looking for speaker system to go with a Marantz 7400 amp. I will be playing a lot of music - CDs/SACDs and music DVDs on the system, as well as movie DVDs. I really like the look of these Mission speaker systems - the M3S and M30 - but can someone please tell me which of these systems is better for music? The only other speakers I quite like the look of are the Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus - although the subwoofer looks a little on the big side (from photos), and I'm a bit short of space. I would appreciate any of your comments on these three speaker systems.

Many thanks in advance,
    Sally

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    the MS309 sub is 37*37*40 cm high on its spikes or 14.5*14.5*16 inches. Its not the sub thats large its the speakers that are small :D

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I reckon the M30s are better for music. They go lower down in the frequency range than the M3s, so you would have to rely less on the sub to fill in the midrange.

If music is really important to you, I'd be tempted to go for the bigger M31 or M32 up front, using the smaller M30s at the rear for 5.1 with films.