• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Best for gaming & movies

Barney_Tabasco

Standard Member
I want the best TV i can get right now that's as future proof as possible and willing to spend up to £3k. Ideally 50" plus.

I want it mainly for quality TV (HBO etc), movies (Sky HD, BluRay and, unfortunately, still standard DVD). Also, sometimes SD TV (yes, i realise it will look crap - still can't get all channels in HD!). Priority here is movies though.

Plus for gaming. Not massively hardcore gamer, but i do love my Xbox One and if i get into a game i will play it a good few hours a night for a few months. Usually FPS games.

frog61

Established Member
samsung JS9500 has some great reviews and has good input lag for games.
This is on my hit list.
either that or the sony 930c

Barney_Tabasco

Standard Member
The JS9500 sounds great but smallest is 65" which is too big for me.

Again, the Sony sounds interesting but don't like the big speakers on the side - i have surround sound anyway so would never use them.

This site is interesting as it lists a score for video game usage, however, i've been reading that scores like these might not be that straightforward (i.e. they are based on game mode so they are reviewing lag/performance but ignore the fact that game mode reduces graphical quality):

Rtings.com - TV Reviews - Best TV Recommendations

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom