Best for all round gaming?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by antispam246, Apr 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. antispam246

antispam246
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hate to ask something thats one of those generic repeated questions but having spent months researching LCD's I've decided to simply ask because my brains slowly melting away.

I'm looking for a 32"+ HD LCD TV.

This is specifically for use with my pc for gaming and various media playing. It will also be used with an xbox, xbox 360 and potentially a Wii, so... consoles.

Watching TV, freeview, Sky, is not a major concern. It's primarily as stated for all round gaming with pc and consoles. What are my best options?

I'm budgeting around the £300-400 mark but will be able to pay more IF the companty offering it can offer it on a buy now pay later, interest free (not monthly installments, just a deposit then a single pay-off), I've seen various online companies offering this. I needn't mention warranty or guarantees, as long as it's covered for a period long enough to know it's not got any major faults, I'm happy.

Like everyone else, I've been looking at the 3 popular 32" versions of the AOC, Hanspree and Mirai. Having practically read everything there is on each including the endless threads here, I'm not happy with them mostly due to the feedback on pc connection, specifically for gaming.

One that has really caught my eye is the JVC LT-32DX7. Which seems to have excellent feedback on the specifics I'm looking at. I can actually get this within my price mark but with no warranty which is a huge put-off.

The more I look the more I notice LCD prices dropping especially on big name brands, sony, panasonic, samsung. I'm now leaning more towards these sets but again, the choice is overwhelming.

I need recommendations on a set that will suit me and my gaming needs as well as my fiance options, if it's costing abit more.

I'd highly appreciate any feedback on this or simply links to something to read through, another one of those big threads I don't mind, aslong as it's genuinely something within my interests.

Edit: After further digging I'm really impressed with the Sony KDL32S2530U, especially after it's recent price drop. There are a few online retailers offering it at £550 mark. Via Empiredirect it's possible to get a further £20 off this price with a cashback scheme+voucher, they also offer free delivery and the finace option of buy now pay later, no interest which I'm 99% sure is the way I want to go.

2. antispam246

antispam246
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After reading these forums more I stumbled upon the whole John Lewis Price matching. Am I right in saying this would give me a 5 year guarantee ontop of the price being matched? As well as this I have a few queries regarding the whole JL PM scheme.

-Do they pricematch ONLY the listed price? Or would they pricematch any discounts available through that retailer such as quidco or online couchers?
    -If they pricematch do they offer a similar finace option, buy now pay later, no interest (deposit)?
    -Will they match the free delivery of the retailer they are price matching If I wanted to opt for delivery versus collect from local store?

Finally, how exactly do I go about requesting a price match from John Lewis? I couldn't find an exact contact number/e-mail on their site.

Really appreciate any help here so I can finally take the plunge and stop nit-picking.

3. sauluk

sauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I havent read the thread entirely but i think john lewis have given up on the whole price match scheme. theres a thread titled as such here somewhere. Have you tried Empire Direct? at the moment they are offering a membership card for £20 which then gives you a 3 year guarantee on anything you buy in the subsequent 12 months. I think im going to buy a set from them this week.

4. antispam246

antispam246
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gahhh. Now I'm stuck between the Sony KDL32S2530U and Samsung LE32R88BD

Any opinions based on the above? This is officially driving me nutts, the more I dig the more I nit pick.