1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best for action shots?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Meistersix, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Meistersix

Meistersix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have had a Kodak MC3 digital camera for a year now and I am extremely disappointed with it. The quality is poor, battery life is litterly 8 minutes and shutter speed is slow.

I want to start and take action shots (bmx) and I have a budget of £300. I need to know what is the best features for action shots and a camera with good battery life.

The features I would like are:

optical zoom
    flash??
    3 megapixel +
    fast shutter speed
    long battery life

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tim

2. julie sinar

julie sinar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would certainly get a nice all round digicam with at least 3 MP and a minimum of a 3x optical zoom, with decent battery life for your money, but realistically, digicams are not best designed for action shots.

I would look for a model with either a shutter priority mode, and/or a sports mode to get the higher shutter speeds you require. I think it is speed of focus that might be more of problem than shutter speed, and also shutter lag. That said, you get good depth of field with the digicams with small sensors, so you might still get some good results. It really depends how picky you are. At least you are not paying for the out of focus shots. If you want sequential shots you would have to look for a camera that can take a series of shots, so would need some sort of buffer.

I’m not familiar with all the cameras in this price range, perhaps somebody else could make some suggestions.

3. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67