1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best FM Transmitter for use with Sony NW-HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by degringo, Mar 11, 2005.

1. degringo

degringo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a good quality FM transmitter for use with my HD3.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

2. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmm I just bought a sony one off ebay, will do a mini review when i get it

3. Jonathan James

Jonathan James
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one of these for $25 on a recent trip to Colorado USA.

With my NW-HD3 I got very good performance in the car whilst in the mountains. However when I took a trip down to Denver the performance dropped of as more radio stations became available.

It still worked but I got stacks of interference regardless of which channel I used or how I positioned the aerial.

When I got back to London I tried it out in my car and got the same poor performance as in Denver.

I guess that the performance is inversely proportional to the number of local radio stations that you can receive. Forget it if your in a larger city with huge FM choices.

I've put the transmitter away for now and switched back to my multidisc CD player.

I understand that Sony will be releasing a car docking station that will plug into you car stereo (where/if possible).

One other thing. I found the NW-HD3 very distracting whilst driving. It was however very good fun for my passengers :)

I hope this helps.

4. Blown383

Blown383

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in a large city here in the United States....and all FM Transmitters suck! We need a direct docking station now!!!!

-B

5. degringo

degringo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used the Audiax-2 and found it very good. Occasionally I get interferance, but only in Big cities, in and around Yorkshire it works just fine