1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Floorstanders with 5.1 - denon2106 or CA540r

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by craynerd, Sep 2, 2005.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I`ve decided to get either the CA540r put more probably the denon2106, but thats isnt the question...the question is, with either of those amps, but more probably the the denon, what would be the best floor standers for a 5.1 system ? I`m going to build it up you see, since i cant buy the speakers together due to money restraints, but the others (i.e matching centre and rears) will follow within a month or so after.

The speakers must be either beach in colour or like thin trendy black/silver ones...or the mrs will have a tizzy fit as it won`t match with our furniture.

What do you think of the warfedale 8.3 or 9.4 floorstanders. I`ve been recommended the 9.4 but what hifi says 5/5 for 8.4 and 4/5 for 9.4.

Hope you can help
    Chris

2. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone :lease: :lease: :suicide:

Also been lookin at the Mordaunt-Short range and the mission B4 (or is the the B2 that are floor standers, ive forgot which!)

Chris

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    acoustic energy aegis evo 3, got mine today and they are just phenomenal.

the look so elegant as well, and, funnily enough, work wonders with the CA azur 540r.