Best films to test your speakers?

Gilly543

Novice Member
Hi guys looking for some good films to watch that sound great on a home cinema system? Not to bothered about picture quality. Thanks

lunazero

Are you looking for films with Atmos or DTS:X? Man of Steel, Mad Max: Fury Road and Blade Runner are fine examples of Atmos.

For 5.1 and 7.1 surround - The Matrix (first one), The Dark Knight and Ready Player One are fantastic films that will test your system.

Hope that helps but there quite a few lists that you can find on Google which might be more thorough :)

wiz

Distinguished Member
Ready Player One gave mine a good work out yesterday....... I think a few bricks are now loose.
Does modern house insurance cover such events? :D

Can't go far wrong with the Lobby scene in The Matrix

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
None Atmos and not technically a Film, but the "Art Of Flight" Red Bull documentary following a group of snowboarders is one of the best audio demo discs I've experienced. It's a real killer for some products visually though and if your display has any weakness, this disc will find it as well as complement it too. Audio wise, the mastering musically is second to none

Last edited:

b1g1an

None Atmos and not technically a Film, but the "Art Of Flight" Red Bull documentary following a group of snowboarders is one of the best audio demo discs I've experienced. It's a real killer for some products visually though and if your display has any weakness, this disc will find it as well as complement it too. Audio wise, the mastering musically is second to none
Just watched it, epic demo piece, proper goosebump stuff. Many thanks for the recommendation as I hadn't heard of it before.

Davekale86

John Wick the first one the nightclub scene some nice rear activity and a good bit of LFE when he pulls out his handgun, Blade Runner is good, also Oblivion with the cruiser is good too

Smiffy 2

John Wick the first one the nightclub scene some nice rear activity and a good bit of LFE when he pulls out his handgun, Blade Runner is good, also Oblivion with the cruiser is good too
The IMBd Parents guide didn't mention that!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

UMAR 3:16

Another for John wick night club scene. Also the final battle in end game. Lots of surround activity with some good LFE

b1g1an

If you want bullet flying surround action there's a scene at 55 minutes in Lone Survivor that is hard to beat, a solid 10 minutes that isn't engulfed in some heavyweight music like most. Good old Z Reviews uses it to demo surround sound.

Supersonic

Off the top of my head I'd go with
Pacific Rim - battle scenes - (DTS-HD MA),
Dredd - Ma-Ma putting Peach Trees into war mode - (Atmos/DTS Neo:X),
and Master and Commander - chapter 4 cannon fire - (DVD DTS, or blu DTS-HD).

Dolby demo 'Audiosphere ' is short but fun for Atmos.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I always break out Saving Private Ryan for a quick demo for those still using tv speakers (shudder). The beach scene is still hard to beat so many years on.

Band of Brothers is another good demo. The shelling/trees exploding is pretty intense.

N1ck

This was one of the first discs I listened as its release coincided with my first surround system. I got the region 1 version from Play.com so I could get the DTS soundtrack. I will never forget those bullets whizzing across the room. Quite eerie really but incredible nevertheless.

Dean

You might like this:

Nightwatch77

You used to have this at your last job on demo, it was great

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
You used to have this at your last job on demo, it was great
Oh yes, the snow scenes are some of the best cinematography i've ever seen and when partnered with the soundtrack, it just sucks you in. As it's also tremendously difficult for many UHD projectors to reproduce to it its complexity, I'd love to see a 4K version with HDR. I just cannot image what it would look like

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom