Best entry sub under 400€

turco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, currently enjoying a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Topping Mx3 setup in my office but im thinking to add a sub to this setup. For music its has plenty of bass however movies are dull.

Alot of people are complaining here about cheap subs but yesterday i was reading crutchfield reviews and people are happy so i have the following options, would love to hear some opinions

Jamo C 910 - 299€
Klipsch 12SW - 299€ offer
Polk HTS10 - 329€
Klipsch 120SW - 369€
Monitor Audio MRW10 - 379€
Jamo C 912 - 379€
Polk HTS12 - 396€

I read some review and compRing between old and new klipsch, for me only finishing has changed. I owned in the past Jamo monitors, bass oriented speakers. My room is 30 sqm, i feel like klipsch 12sw can do the job or Jamo C910. I dont know if 100€ difference price will make a difference in quality.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Bk electronics subwoofers are loved on here and also plenty of other places, also have one my self I don't think if you looking to buy new you can beat them.

Have a look about on this forum and Google you find how much there respected.

This is £399 and a cracking sub

Hi everyone, currently enjoying a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Topping Mx3 setup in my office but im thinking to add a sub to this setup. For music its has plenty of bass however movies are dull.

Alot of people are complaining here about cheap subs but yesterday i was reading crutchfield reviews and people are happy so i have the following options, would love to hear some opinions

Jamo C 910 - 299€
Klipsch 12SW - 299€ offer
Polk HTS10 - 329€
Klipsch 120SW - 369€
Monitor Audio MRW10 - 379€
Jamo C 912 - 379€
Polk HTS12 - 396€

I read some review and compRing between old and new klipsch, for me only finishing has changed. I owned in the past Jamo monitors, bass oriented speakers. My room is 30 sqm, i feel like klipsch 12sw can do the job or Jamo C910. I dont know if 100€ difference price will make a difference in quality.

Thanks in advance

KLH Windsor 12 over Klipsch! It has better cabinet just compare the weight (44 vs 31lbs or so), similar sloth port than in more expensive Klipsch subs. Driver and amp looks similar. Old Klipsch boss owns KLH so there is similarities and the model is being discontinued so heavy sales.

Polk HTS12 would be otherwise my pick from your list if the KLH is too expensive where you live and/or can´t be ordered through American Audio.

There should be better options early next month when Monoprice Monolith products come available again! The prices are still question mark and will they offer discount codes again. This should be close to your budget if that is the case. It went under 400£ best time last year! This is noticeable step up from every model in your list.

Amazon is selling Windsor 12 for 350€. this is going into price range of HTS 12. I was thinking to get something upto 300€ to be honest.

Investing 50€ more into KLH is worth? I don't see a lot of reviews on this brand.

btw I found one used Klipsch listed 200€, can push it down to 175€ max. Then what will be your opinion?

Amazon is selling Windsor 12 for 350€. this is going into price range of HTS 12. I was thinking to get something upto 300€ to be honest.

Investing 50€ more into KLH is worth? I don't see a lot of reviews on this brand.

btw I found one used Klipsch listed 200€, can push it down to 175€ max. Then what will be your opinion?

I would pick the Windsor over the cheap Klipsch R120 cause the cabinet is similar what Klipsch uses in the higher range SPL120 model. Heavier sturdier cab with sloth port vs. the cheap looking lighter cab with rounded port. HTS12 is good pick too there is feedback on AVSForum (US) more. The KLH is basically similar to Klipsch but with better cab, driver is likely same too and amp. As i said ex boss working at Klipsch is now part of the legendary old KLH brand and it´s no suprise they use same parts/design which he has used to when working at Klipsch. You have 30sqm room which is not small, buy the best you can afford. You won´t regret spending little extra. I wouldn´t buy used sub without warranty! Polk has 3year amp warranty if i remember correct, would be safe choice. Others has 2years likely. Monolith and SVS has 5years, but they are out of your budget sadly.

I would pick the Windsor over the cheap Klipsch R120 cause the cabinet is similar what Klipsch uses in the higher range SPL120 model. Heavier sturdier cab with sloth port vs. the cheap looking lighter cab with rounded port. HTS12 is good pick too there is feedback on AVSForum (US) more. The KLH is basically similar to Klipsch but with better cab, driver is likely same too and amp. As i said ex boss working at Klipsch is now part of the legendary old KLH brand and it´s no suprise they use same parts/design which he has used to when working at Klipsch. You have 30sqm room which is not small, buy the best you can afford. You won´t regret spending little extra. I wouldn´t buy used sub without warranty! Polk has 3year amp warranty if i remember correct, would be safe choice. Others has 2years likely. Monolith and SVS has 5years, but they are out of your budget sadly.
thanks a lot.

There was a SVS PB 1000 listed (used) for 350€.

What would you go for between HTS12 and SVS PB 1000 (sadly this is the only one I can afford)

thanks a lot.

There was a SVS PB 1000 listed (used) for 350€.

What would you go for between HTS12 and SVS PB 1000 (sadly this is the only one I can afford)

SVS PB1000 without doubt! :) There is very clear difference in performance (extension/output/distortion) and also in build quality as the product costs more new. Support/service is one of the best and aftersale value is high if you upgrade in future due to SVS being one of the most known manufacturer for woofers.

SVS PB1000 without doubt! :) There is very clear difference in performance (extension/output/distortion) and also in build quality as the product costs more new. Support/service is one of the best and aftersale value is high if you upgrade in future due to SVS being one of the most known manufacturer for woofers.
yes heard SVS as a name because of their subwoofers back in the days. Lets see if I can get it, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

There should be better options early next month when Monoprice Monolith products come available again! The prices are still question mark and will they offer discount codes again. This should be close to your budget if that is the case. It went under 400£ best time last year! This is noticeable step up from every model in your list.

I have been waiting months for the monoprice monolith subs to became available again to the UK and I just noticed today they are still out of stock but the prices have been added and they are shocking...

The 10" version is listed at £750

I really hope these prices are temporary while they are out of stock.

I have been waiting months for the monoprice monolith subs to became available again to the UK and I just noticed today they are still out of stock but the prices have been added and they are shocking...

That would be crazy jump in price cause they went about 350£/each with discount code as fellow member bought two of those after our chats. They are great subs and basically outperform SVS PB1000 slightly at 519£, but 750£ would mean the end for Monolith subs in UK if the other models would raise in similar way. @AmericanAudio can probably confirm is this some bug or will they have to raise the prices so much after Brexit?

Ive been told we should have prices this week.

But i too would be disappointed if they are that high.

Last edited:

OMG - that's some price hike, I paid £289.00 for mine with a 20% discount code!

OMG - that's some price hike, I paid £289.00 for mine with a 20% discount code!
Yes, but there were some pretty ludicrous prices in November.

I am hoping prices will remain good, i know there have been bun fights between US and EU management, which i hope has evened things out for everyone.

As soon as i know more i will share

email from monoprice confirms new prices..

"Unfortunately, these are new prices, because the older lower ones were an error."

:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom