1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best earphones 4 mini ipod excl ear canal type

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lloydy boy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. lloydy boy

lloydy boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could someone please advise as to the best earphones to suit mini ipod excluding ear canal type(i have sensitive ears and feel this type would make my ears itch).i have a few dislikes with the supplied apple set such as deep bass distortion and am hoping a decent set will cure this.
    thanks

2. VORD

VORD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sennheiser PX 30 - £9.99p from Maplins.

Great sound. Great bass. I use them with my iPod Mini! They're not mega loud (easily loud enough for the general user but i like music MEGA LOUD!!) but you can turn the volume up on iTunes then upload them onto your Pod :clap:

[​IMG]

3. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Sennheiser PX100 are better than the above for about 24 quid. :smashin:

4. VORD

VORD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard the PX 100's lack bass?

Is this true?

5. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    God no, they are excellent and are considerably better than any others I have tried.
    All the in ear ones are crap apart from the Senheisser m500 which I also have.

6. max_keller

max_keller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PX100 are very good music enjoyment. Comparing to in-ear type phone, they don't have the boomy bass, and the bass quality is outstanding. So far the best sounding lightweight headphones I've ever owned. The case is well designed!!!!!

My only complaint is that the cord is a little short.....

I also recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-CM3 for ipod mini check out the review..
    http://www.ipodlounge.com/index.php/reviews/comments/audio-technica-ath-cm3-earphones-ipod/

7. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Sennheiser px200 to use with my MP3 player.

They cost £30, and they are excellent. I use them dailly. The sound is superb for the cost. The best thing though is that they fold away into a rigid plastic case which I can just throw into my bag, so i don't worry about them getting damaged.

I decided to buy these as every where I looked they had very good reviews.

When I first got them they seemed quite tight fitting ( and my head is quite small) but I managed to loosen them by bending the supporting metal bar/plate running across the top of the headband. You wouldn't know that I've bent them, and now I find them a lot looser and very comfortable.

I havn't tried any other to compare them with, but I would still reccomend these.

If anything I would say the cord is too long, which I suppose is a bonus as its better than being too short!