1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST DVD RIPPING & COPYING SOFTWARE? and few other questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by husk24, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. husk24

husk24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Now that i have sussed out which are the best blank dvd disks around for my new sony 510a writer, I have a few further questions to expand my knowledge into the dvd world!:)

- firstly which software is the most easiest and quickest for ripping dvd movies and which software would you recommend for copying. (i currently use nero and find it pretty good) but i am not sure which is the best software around for ripping.

secondly - i have a few dvd's with video songs and the dvd's are over 4.7 in size. I want to reduce the size to 4.7 so i can ripp it just in one blank dvd. Whats the best way to do that? obvoiusly i would have to deselect some of the songs in order reduce.

finally are there any members who own a Sony dvp ns305 series dvd player like myself, and which blank dvds would they recommend to be played on this player -whichout any problems? and yes it is multiregionable.

thanks in advance :)

Dave

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    DVD Ripping isn't really an 'allowed' topic on this forum and you'll find this post may get deleted by the Mods. I suggest going to these forums:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/

You'll find help there although remember DVD Ripping is essentially an illegal activity unless your making a personal backup.

As for blank DVD media may I suggest running a search of the forum as this has been discussed a fair bit recently.

3. husk24

husk24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops sorry didnt realise :)

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,518
    yep, this thread will soon be closed.

5. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Husk,

I'm closing this thread, I've just sent you a PM to explain why, but based on some of the replies above I'm sure you're not overly surprised ;)

K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.