Best DVD Recorder Avalible

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dantha, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Dantha

Dantha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm very interested in a new DVD Recorder, to replace my terrible Philips DVDR610.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best model currently avalible is, bearing in mind that I would like RGB Scart Input and the recorder to record in "official" widescreen.

I was looking at an article (btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/whichdvd.HTML) about DVD Recorders, and found that most of the Reommended DVD Recorders were unavalible.

Thanks For Any Help
    Matthew.

2. YorkieAnd

YorkieAnd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I can't answer your question but I too am in the same boat. I am on the verge of buying a HD DLP TV and would be interested in a decent DVD recorder to go with it. I know Blue ray, HDDVD aren't quite with us yet so wondered if there are any current DVD recorders that will upscale standard DVD's on a HD screen. I appreciate there are DVD players out there that do this but not sure about DVD recorders. Thanks.

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    "Best" ones at the moment appear to be the current Panasonic and Sony ones, with JVC not to be sniffed at.
    A lot will depend on budget and features you have to have.
    The first 2 are RGB in, only the newly introduced budget ones from JVC are. Their MH300 due next month will be too, as well as having dual layer DVD support and HDMI and 720p/1080i scaler. All in all, similar to Sony's HXD910, except no Freeview tuner, just analog.
    I suggest you spend a fair bit of time reading a number of thread here with the mentioned brands in the subject field, or do a search.
    Then you'll have some idea as to whether they fit the bill and what to watch out for.