Best Dvd Player For Under £200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chris thomas, Oct 29, 2004.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i,m looking to buy a new dvd player as my toshiba sd220 e is now refusing to play quite allot of my discs, idealy around the £200 mark but will go a bit higher if worth while, i,d like it to hav digital output to connect to my denon avr 3802 and component out to connect to panasonic th42-pw6 plasma, multi region and picture quality are the main requirements, any suggestions to narrow the best player down i,d be very appreciative, thanks :thumbsup:

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've got the same amp as you and a Toshiba 330 (model on from yours) and I'm also stuck on which new player to get. The Pioneer 575/470 models seem to be the most popular but I'm also considering a Denon 1710. Although DVD players in the £75-125 bracket offer great value for money it seems that nobody is prepared to make a player with solid construction unlees you spend over £500. Think I'll wait a while and see what's in the Jan sales.

3. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer 575. Top quality pic through progressive output on the component.

Not tried the DVD-A or SACD yet, but for DVD playback (Regs 1&2), excellent sound & image quality.

4. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that chaps, picling a 575 up from richer sounds this wednesday for £120 :thumbsup: picking even :suicide: