Best DVD player for sony hs10 pj

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnkay, Feb 25, 2003.

1. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest which DVD player I should go for, to hook up to the Sony HS10. I would prefer an all-in-one player such as one of the Sony DAV series, but they do not have prog scan although I think they have component out. I think there may not be such a player on the market yet. I have read in home cinema that Samsung are bringing one out but perhaps only in the USA.
    Does anyone know anymore.

2. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi John,

I have had a Philips 963SA for just over a week now and on my HS10 it looks superb, the pal progressive and region free remote hacks work with no problems. I had a look for dvd players for a while back viewing some really expensive machines along the way from a £700 Primare to a £4000 Moon. But I settled for the Philips, it has just too good a picture to spend twice the price or more to get slightly better quality picture........in my opinion of course.

Try and get a demo of some players on a projector if possible it is the only way to see if the output is up to scratch.

Klippie.

3. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the new davs with the exeption of the 400 all have progressive scan ntsc only

4. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rangers Fan, are you sure that Sony davs (say dav 550) have prog scan. I cannot find any further info to confirm this. Also are they component out?

5. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wired one up for my mate it has a component out that can be switched to standard progressive and auto when wird up to my projector it comes up 480p
    when u put a pal disc in it comes up 576i

6. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry forgot to say it is ntsc only for pro scan