1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD player for sony hs10 pj

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnkay, Feb 25, 2003.

1. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest which DVD player I should go for, to hook up to the Sony HS10. I would prefer an all-in-one player such as one of the Sony DAV series, but they do not have prog scan although I think they have component out. I think there may not be such a player on the market yet. I have read in home cinema that Samsung are bringing one out but perhaps only in the USA.
    Does anyone know anymore.

2. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi John,

I have had a Philips 963SA for just over a week now and on my HS10 it looks superb, the pal progressive and region free remote hacks work with no problems. I had a look for dvd players for a while back viewing some really expensive machines along the way from a £700 Primare to a £4000 Moon. But I settled for the Philips, it has just too good a picture to spend twice the price or more to get slightly better quality picture........in my opinion of course.

Try and get a demo of some players on a projector if possible it is the only way to see if the output is up to scratch.

Klippie.

3. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the new davs with the exeption of the 400 all have progressive scan ntsc only

4. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rangers Fan, are you sure that Sony davs (say dav 550) have prog scan. I cannot find any further info to confirm this. Also are they component out?

5. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wired one up for my mate it has a component out that can be switched to standard progressive and auto when wird up to my projector it comes up 480p
    when u put a pal disc in it comes up 576i

6. rangers fan

rangers fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry forgot to say it is ntsc only for pro scan