1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD player for Sanyo Z2 projector

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AndrewB, Aug 16, 2005.

1. AndrewB

Standard Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've spent many (too many!) hours browsing the forums and mainly just getting confused. I have a Sanyo Z2 projecting onto a screen that is about 96" diagonal. Current DVD player is a cheapish Sony with prog scan (DVP-NS730P) which outputs prog scan PAL via a nice quality component lead (made by Mark Grant) into the Z2. Picture quality is really good but could be better - there is a bit of "blocking" on fast movements, I find. Also the Sony seems to be really sensitive to scratched DVDs and my kids are very good at scratching DVDs! And I don't see much quality difference between using the prog scan capability of the player and letting the PJ do the deinterlacing stuff.

So, what would give me the best bang for the buck picture-wise: buying a DVD player that can output 720p via DVI (Oppo/BBK?) which I could then feed into the DVI input of my Z2, or buying a player which has better onboard deinterlacing that outputs through component? I don't really want to spend much money - say under £250.

It would be a bonus if the player had decent error correction to cope with my scratched DVDs, too...