Best DVD player for Panasonic AE300

z5461313

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can you tell me what the best DVD player is for the Panasonic AE300?

Is it a DVI player?

Thanks

whats your budget? you want PAL/NTSC progessive scan.

DVI is the digital connecter used to hook up a PC graphics card mate.

The budget is about 500 hundred pounds and its just PAL progressive

I've heard DVD players with DVI connectors are the best thing to use these days, instead of progressive component scan

That looks really nice - PAL progressive scan also

Have you seen any reviews about it

I didnt know dvd players came with DVI nowadays mate

Fonzerelli, Here is a DVI DVD player.

The Samsung HD935 also has DVI out click

The AE300 doesn't like 1280x720 (over DVI) so you'll need a player that does 1280x768 if you want to use DVI, which basically means a Momitsu or one of it's clones (Or a HTPC ;) ).

-- Jon

I am sure you can still use the samsung via dvi, just don't upscale the image, leave it native.

I got the Sony 730 partnered with my 300 and its superb within the realms of the cost.

A massive improvement over the 735 I used to own and only £120.00 odd quid.

Cap:)

Will this player work with the AE300 - Yamakawa 365DivX DVI?

The 365Divix allows custom DVI modes so it should work with the AE300 just fine.

There is small utility that will generate the custom settings required for a number of projectors. I could email it you if you need it. I don't have a link to hand.

This player is very similar to the V880, but has a much better build quality. Both produce excellent results through DVI.

There is one for sale now in the classifieds... ;)

Cheers
Marc

I've just checked and the AE300 is in the list of projectors supported by the DVI setting application.

This would produce the settings you would enter into the custom screen on a V880 or 365Divix (or powerstrip if using a PC).

Cheers
Marc

For a whole host of reasons I would choose a V880 or a 365Divix over the Samsung 935 for DVI.

The only advantage of the 935 is that you can buy it in the UK.

Cheers
Marc

Thanks uczmeg for that

I think I will try the Yam - I will have to buy from Germany I think for 150 euro

The 365 is excellent and worth the risk of ordering from Germany.

Once you get it make sure you have the 2.71T firmware installed which will then give you access to the custom resolution menu.

Ask here if you need any help....

Cheers
Marc

Please could you post your findings with the Yam and the AE300, as I am in the same situation, as am currently using a Toshiba 520e dvd player, for both the lounge, and the HC (Ae300) room, which means I have to move it into the HC when i need to use it.
I am now looking to get a player to be set up with the projector permanately, and the Yam is on a shortlist of possibilities.

Cheers

Ricky

Just wondered if you had got the player yet. What are th results like with the AE300.

Cheers

Ricky

I'm still investigating this

If you use the DVI connection, you lose some of the nice features your projector has such as ZOOMING 4 by 3 images to be widescreen

So I think component is a nice way to go

To get the ultimate picture I have read 1080i is the best in component and then next best is 720 progressive and then last is 576 progressive

576 progressive is the standard that most PAL progressive DVD players output such as Denon and Panasonic

So we need a DVD player to output these higher resolutions

The Yamakawa can do it - so the brochure says

But other people have reported that on 1080i it stutters - so this is not good

This leaves 720 progressive which I do not know how good this is

So my investigation continues... but ideally we need a DVD player that outputs 1080i in component without stuttering

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom